I don't know if it's been proposed but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
If the players don't agree to a salary cap, then why not propose some form of salary distribution that would reflect current buisness revenues or better yet refelect the financial state of the league. For instance (and i'm not a commerce student for you commies out there) if the league's revenues were to inflate tenfold, then naturally, the players salaries would increase by a considerable margin (I'm being very vague and rudimentary here, bear with me) and conversely if the league were to be flushed down the toilet, like it is now, well the salaries would hover around a certain respectable region bordering the millions and thus be lower than they are now. The goal is to reach a relative and agreeable average, and not to impose some irrelevant arbitrary constant that would mean nothing down the road. That would be a sensible idea; context should never be removed from current progress. A mathematical formula, (that's where I come in) could dictate where a player's salary can top out (no, it's not a salary cap, just a sort of median base if you will) and prevent a team like the Rangers from overspending or a small market team from crashing making everything quite fair for everyone. Anyone agree?

Last edited:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Stich said:
Any salary cap would be based on a percentage of revenues.

Wait hold on a sec, I didn't mean a cap, I meant of salaries that wo't go off into huge ass exponential figures, like a premeditated growth weighing in the cons and the pros, no cap.

degroat*

I'm not sure if I'm following you right...

If the NHL would be successful in their bid for a cap, the cap itself would be based on a percentage of revenues. So, if the league increases its revenues, the salary cap would also increase.

That's pretty much what you're shooting for, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->