I couldn't think of a good Bouillon pun...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
just some great quotes here :

"It was a sensational trip. Already, as I told the players before tonight's game, it was a good trip and we had the chance to make it exceptional," Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said. "What was impressive is the fact we played yesterday and they were fresh, but it was still us who dictated the game."

and

"We have to do a better job on preparing for all aspects of our game," Panthers coach Kevin Dineen said. "Our starts haven't been good enough. We're playing one of the top teams in the league and they looked like it."

lol man, so strange to read things like that and its about our team, i dont know if its because of finishing 15th last year but its refreshing to read something like that, still crazy to sit back and go is this real life? lol

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
just some great quotes here :

"It was a sensational trip. Already, as I told the players before tonight's game, it was a good trip and we had the chance to make it exceptional," Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said. "What was impressive is the fact we played yesterday and they were fresh, but it was still us who dictated the game."

and

"We have to do a better job on preparing for all aspects of our game," Panthers coach Kevin Dineen said. "Our starts haven't been good enough. We're playing one of the top teams in the league and they looked like it."

lol man, so strange to read things like that and its about our team, i dont know if its because of finishing 15th last year but its refreshing to read something like that, still crazy to sit back and go is this real life? lol

So you ARE still alive! Good!

Bx

Sep 30, 2006
NYC
Ryan White shows restraint

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but I was genuinely impressed with the way White didn't bite when Yonkman was looking for a sparring partner.

Granted, Yonkman is 6'6/250 lbs., but still, White got in a good, clean hit, then showed restraint when he had to, and drew a penalty.

Shows he's learning -- and he could be a good asset to the team if he keeps his cool.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
I couldn't help but laugh after White restrained himself on that.
When they were showing it I was just waiting for the volcano to erupt, really impressed by that.
I was really hoping Habs would score a PPG on that double minor for White

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
6 days off with Ottawa, New Jersey, Buffalo coming up... Those are tough games coming up the boyz will need to stay alert and not do anything crazy during those days off.

6 days off?
Wedns, March 13...our Habs play, no?
(that's what I see on the schedule)

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
White would've got his ass beat pretty good but besides that, he did right thing. Guy is a little bit of a loose cannon at times and somewhat fearless. Did right thing for the team there.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Its great to see everyone chipping in for the win, every night a different player steps up

Great observation/comment...the best teams don't just rely on one ****ing line like last year...(so depressing but we got Galchenyuk, Collberg, Thrower, Bozon,etc, for our misery).

Last edited:

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
It seems that the referees are giving more penalties when there is a disproportion between opponents and the smaller one does not want to fight.

Having White against 6'6 253 lbs Yonkman is only OK if White agrees. By pressing his luck he got 4 minutes instead of 2 minutes.
Same seemed to applied to Chara against Emelin.

What I find strange in some: it is OK for Chara to avoid fighting with a goon of his size but it is not OK for White to avoid a fight with Yonkman...

It also makes sense, even in Boxing and Martial Arts Size and Weight does matter.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Calling goons for fighting non-goons is way overdue. Seems to me there are 3 groups, those who are there mostly to fight, those who can play but fight frequently, and those who fight. Each should stick to their own group with penalties for those who push it. Players like Domi should not be able to pad their stats by fighting guys who body check them to the point they have non-fighting defencemen poke-checking them from a distance.

The league seems to be going away from the bullying rules generally. A few years back if a big guy and a little guy went into the corners and the big guy went down it would be a penalty because, hey, the guy's big and he's supposed to be beating on the little guy. Now there seems to be at least some balance though there is still a lot of leeway for larger players.

Intentional/unintentional/dangerous high sticking calls are a bit random, too. Not as bad as when Justin Williams could continuously whack people but a bit random.

Good for White calming down.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I'd say it was 20% restraint and 80% "oh boy this would not end well for me"

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
I'd say it was 20% restraint and 80% "oh boy this would not end well for me"

He is also lucky Yonkman didn`t start lacing into him, some guys like Neal would have and White would have been hurt cause he was justing standing there.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
He is also lucky Yonkman didn`t start lacing into him, some guys like Neal would have and White would have been hurt cause he was justing standing there.

As much as I hate Neal, he's no Colton Orr. He wouldn't swing at a guy unless gloves were dropped. He's not clean or anything, but he has at least that amount of code respect.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
6 days off?
Wedns, March 13...our Habs play, no?
(that's what I see on the schedule)

I think he means 6 total days off between those 3 games, 2 days between each of them.

I hate waiting more than a day to watch them play but I guess it's good they get a rest and we don't play too many games without Prust!

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I don't want to nitpick but...

...I like the team and I like Eller's play and talent. But man, is he bad at feeding his linemates or what. I'm sometimes sad for Galchenyuk. I think that Eller really should learn to play wing and Galchenyuk at center. That would work better. Maybe not short term, but I really hope that Therrien will try it next year, for an extended look. Really, on that line, Prust is making better passes than Eller.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Was that Emelin laughing at Boullion as he sat down after his "goal" LOL

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
You mean White? It's in here: http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/rds.video.121629

56 seconds mark.

you%2Bda%2Bman.jpg

Thanks a lot !