I could handle a bad season

outoftune

Nov 16, 2011
1000 Chopper Circle
Good Lord...the team's been rebuilding for years and you want to strip it down to the point where a guy playing for the Cutthroats has to be put on the roster? :laugh: Not even the Oilers could fail on purpose so spectacularly. I'm guessing if the Avs did something so stupid the league would be investigating them.

And "if we are going to lose let's do it right." is an oxymoron. You can't fail correctly. New rules regarding the draft don't reward the worst team in the league like they used to.

Really "Strip it Down" our defense is horrific they have made this team based around nhl journeymen they could sign to cheap contracts. It doesn't work that way you will not win with these defensemen Its not stipping it down to trade depth dmen to contenders. And as much as I was trying not to mention it looking for grammatical errors in something typed sarcastically is just rediculous.

A last note, the league does still reward the worst team in the league have the best chance to get the best picks, just like before the worst they can do is second overall, just instead of the old 48% chance at the first its closer to 25%

Let`s not overreact, we had a bad game in 4. And we were playing against possibly the best team in the league.
At least this game against the Sharks clearly showed what the team is lacking... some puck movers at the blue line.
I also think that we need somebody else to play with Statsny. IMO Landy should be playing with him and Hejduk with Duchene.
ALSO WE NEED RADAR BACK!

I thought this whole thread was a little bit of an overreaction my post had little to do with the current results from the team, I personally think we are a bubble eighth seed, however with 48 games its very easy to fall out of the race and if we do I think the focus should be on drammatically changing our D

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Really "Strip it Down" our defense is horrific they have made this team based around nhl journeymen they could sign to cheap contracts. It doesn't work that way you will not win with these defensemen Its not stipping it down to trade depth dmen to contenders. And as much as I was trying not to mention it looking for grammatical errors in something typed sarcastically is just rediculous.

Didn't pick up your sarcasm, unfortunately far more erroneous statements get posted here. That's why we have the :sarcasm: emoticon.

As for any grammatical errors, not sure what you're talking about. I wasn't pointing out anything like that. I couldn't care less about typos or grammatical flubs.

Agreed, our defense is pretty bad...but making it even worse is not a solution. We already have placeholders where hopefully some of our top defensive prospects will eventually replace. Putting them in when they're not ready is just going to make things worse for the team and their development.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
As defense goes, if Elliott, Barrie, Gaunce remain playing for the Monsters, I'd keep Wilson and Johnson. Rest would be gone, if we were to truly strip it down. Next season, I call up Siemens. Elliott gets another try. We attempt to acquire a "decent" free agent, not more scrubs.

outoftune

Nov 16, 2011
1000 Chopper Circle
Didn't pick up your sarcasm, unfortunately far more erroneous statements get posted here. That's why we have the :sarcasm: emoticon.

As for any grammatical errors, not sure what you're talking about. I wasn't pointing out anything like that. I couldn't care less about typos or grammatical flubs.

Agreed, our defense is pretty bad...but making it even worse is not a solution. We already have placeholders where hopefully some of our top defensive prospects will eventually replace. Putting them in when they're not ready is just going to make things worse for the team and their development.

I agree with the idea that making the D worse is never the answer but I am coming from the idea that by letting the younger class play it's easier to judge if they are ready to make the jump and if not you have the offseason to fix the problem externally...... Of coarse this is all assuming the avs are out of the playoffs early (hopefully not)

EDIT: Unfortunately this may all be mute as most of the contracts on or D make them valueless

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree with the idea that making the D worse is never the answer but I am coming from the idea that by letting the younger class play it's easier to judge if they are ready to make the jump and if not you have the offseason to fix the problem externally...... Of coarse this is all assuming the avs are out of the playoffs early (hopefully not)

EDIT: Unfortunately this may all be mute as most of the contracts on or D make them valueless

Eh, none of the contracts for the Avs' defensemen are all that bad. Only Hejda's might be a bit difficult to move. If/when one of their defensive prospects shows he's ready, they'll move/waive one of the veterans to make room. The thing that sucks is that there's no real viable puckmoving defenders available right now.

I'm much, much more concerned about our pop-gun offense up front. There's no real answer for that problem in the system at present.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Eh, none of the contracts for the Avs' defensemen are all that bad. Only Hejda's might be a bit difficult to move. If/when one of their defensive prospects shows he's ready, they'll move/waive one of the veterans to make room. The thing that sucks is that there's no real viable puckmoving defenders available right now.

I'm much, much more concerned about our pop-gun offense up front. There's no real answer for that problem in the system at present.

There's Nathan Mackinnon.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The Sherman era has seen Colorado exchange both goalies and every defenseman except one (Ryan Wilson) over the past three seasons. Offensively they've made enough key additions to consider the forward group vastly different than the one current management inherited.

Bottom line, if this season doesn't end with the Avalanche - at worst - a few points out of a playoff spot, it's time to dust off the guillotine.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
The Sherman era has seen Colorado exchange both goalies and every defenseman except one (Ryan Wilson) over the past three seasons. Offensively they've made enough key additions to consider the forward group vastly different than the one current management inherited.

Bottom line, if this season doesn't end with the Avalanche - at worst - a few points out of a playoff spot, it's time to dust off the guillotine.

I hope that by that you mean "fire Sacco" :sarcasm:

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Kroenke won't spend money on keeping current talent (flash, factor, etc) or signing top talent so the only way to get elite talent is to suck and suck hard so I'm ok with losing to get elite talent.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Kroenke won't spend money on keeping current talent (flash, factor, etc) or signing top talent so the only way to get elite talent is to suck and suck hard so I'm ok with losing to get elite talent.

This team is just too good to be in total tank mode. Our situation sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad