OT: I can't decide what my next Bruins jersey should be

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I've always wanted a Willie O'Ree jersey.

ps - nice jersey rotation there, Ali.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Are jerseys at the pro shop fully stitched? Name, number, front logo and shoulder patches? Because I was there yesterday and the jerseys were $225... But fully stitched ones on shop.NHL go for $360. Not sure if the pro shop ones are just overly priced premiers...

The easiest way to tell a premier from an authentic is to look at the front of the jersey and see if there's a tag with the size info on it. The premiers have that big ugly tag on there and the authentics don't.

Btw, after a lot of research it seems like the only place to get 100% authentic names/numbers for Bruins jerseys is to go through Custom Crafted in Attleboro. I've looked at samples from a lot of the other big name places and the fonts all seem to be slightly off. Apparently Custom Crafted does the actual stitching for the Bruins. Anyone have any experience with them? Can I send them an authentic jersey from out of town and have it customized there?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I need a new jersey as well. I don't have any current players:
Savard
Esposito
Horton
Recchi w/A + Cup Patch
Thomas Winter Classic

Sportsk is really good for jerseys.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
I can't decide what my next bruins jersey is either. I can't decide between Eriksson, Iginla or Krug..

My collection of Bruins jerseys are all premier and customized by Shop.NHL. I'm still deciding wether to just say **** it and get another one from Shop.NHL or order it from IceJerseys.

Lucic home (signed)
Horton black ice
Jagr home
Söderberg home
Bergeron away w/ A (the A is ridiculously small)
Bobby Orr Heroes of Hockey
So you like your customized shop.nhl.com ones then?

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
The easiest way to tell a premier from an authentic is to look at the front of the jersey and see if there's a tag with the size info on it. The premiers have that big ugly tag on there and the authentics don't.

Btw, after a lot of research it seems like the only place to get 100% authentic names/numbers for Bruins jerseys is to go through Custom Crafted in Attleboro. I've looked at samples from a lot of the other big name places and the fonts all seem to be slightly off. Apparently Custom Crafted does the actual stitching for the Bruins. Anyone have any experience with them? Can I send them an authentic jersey from out of town and have it customized there?

Absolutely you can... My Milt Schmidt Winter Classic jersey was mailed to them from here in Maine. Just call them, tell them what you need - they'll give you quote for the lettering and the return postage. You'll have to use a money order, if I remember correctly. You just stick the money order, the Jersey, and a short note describing what is to be done, and a couple of weeks later you'll get a nice package in the mail.

One note on the fonts and whatnot... it's my understanding that they WILL use the absolute correct fonts - ESPECIALLY on Bruins jerseys. When I received my jersey back (see below) - I was confused... I was expecting the narrower, more condensed font that you typically see on the Winter Classic gamers.

Turns out that the jerseys that the legends wore for their skate at Fenway had this font exactly. If you order a legends jersey, they will use one font, if you order a player jersey, they'll use a different font. THAT'S what I call a true match.

SchmidtWC.jpg

MS1.jpg

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Absolutely you can... My Milt Schmidt Winter Classic jersey was mailed to them from here in Maine. Just call them, tell them what you need - they'll give you quote for the lettering and the return postage. You'll have to use a money order, if I remember correctly. You just stick the money order, the Jersey, and a short note describing what is to be done, and a couple of weeks later you'll get a nice package in the mail.

One note on the fonts and whatnot... it's my understanding that they WILL use the absolute correct fonts - ESPECIALLY on Bruins jerseys. When I received my jersey back (see below) - I was confused... I was expecting the narrower, more condensed font that you typically see on the Winter Classic gamers.

Turns out that the jerseys that the legends wore for their skate at Fenway had this font exactly. If you order a legends jersey, they will use one font, if you order a player jersey, they'll use a different font. THAT'S what I call a true match.
That's awesome info, thanks for the reply.

Now the only trick is to find a true authentic blank Bruins jersey. It seems a couple sites (including NHL.com from what I hear) sell the Indonesian-made "authentics". I'm not sure how they can even get away with that.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

SchmidtWC.jpg

MS1.jpg

I am so jealous of your jersey, man. That is amazing.

choccy

Sep 17, 2010
London UK
Great Jersey.

I was looking at Custom Crafted myself the other week and I would say they deffo have legit stitching etc compared to what I have seen.

I ordered a jersey few years back for a friend from River City Sports, the quality of the were good too mind.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
That's awesome info, thanks for the reply.

Now the only trick is to find a true authentic blank Bruins jersey. It seems a couple sites (including NHL.com from what I hear) sell the Indonesian-made "authentics". I'm not sure how they can even get away with that.

Reebok corporate greed? Rumor is that they are just selling their current inventory of the Indo jerseys and they're going to start producing Edge 2.0's in Canada again. We'll see if that happens. I was lucky enough to find an Edge 1.0 last year, which is what they wore the first year of the new reebok jerseys. I have to say, Once you get an authentic jersey the premiers just feel uncomfortable.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
Great Jersey.

I was looking at Custom Crafted myself the other week and I would say they deffo have legit stitching etc compared to what I have seen.

I ordered a jersey few years back for a friend from River City Sports, the quality of the were good too mind.

I need to go there next time I'm in MA and see if they'll replace the A on my Bergeron jersey. Love the job SportsK did except for the A, which is just off.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Reebok corporate greed? Rumor is that they are just selling their current inventory of the Indo jerseys and they're going to start producing Edge 2.0's in Canada again. We'll see if that happens. I was lucky enough to find an Edge 1.0 last year, which is what they wore the first year of the new reebok jerseys. I have to say, Once you get an authentic jersey the premiers just feel uncomfortable.

I wouldn't care where they were made if the Indonesian ones were at least made to the same specification as the Canadian ones, but from what I've read they are closer to premiers than to actual authentics. I've found a couple of 1.0 3rd jerseys on Ebay and I *think* CoolHockey.com sells legit 1.0's unless it's stated that they are indo-edge, but they only have the home jersey's in stock. I'd like the option of getting an away jersey since I haven't made up my mind what I want yet, but I can't find any 1.0 away jerseys for sale anywhere right now. Hopefully come christmas-time there'll be 1.0's available still. But yeah my plan is to find a blank Edge 1.0 if I can and have it customized by Custom Crafted. Failing that I might just have to pony up for a blank 2.0 on ebay. 99% sure I'll be going with Bergeron for the player.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
I am so disappointed that River City and Custom Crafted don't appear to have online sites, unless someone proves me wrong.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
I am so disappointed that River City and Custom Crafted don't appear to have online sites, unless someone proves me wrong.

Custom crafted doesn't have a site... But that's primarily because they're not really a retail market. They don't sell Jerseys, and the vast majority of their work is, i believe, done for professional and college teams... They do retail work (individual Jerseys for individual clients) but it seems to be a very small percentage of their business... The fact that they don't really have to "sell" themselves to the general public means they don't really need a site

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Custom crafted doesn't have a site... But that's primarily because they're not really a retail market. They don't sell Jerseys, and the vast majority of their work is, i believe, done for professional and college teams... They do retail work (individual Jerseys for individual clients) but it seems to be a very small percentage of their business... The fact that they don't really have to "sell" themselves to the general public means they don't really need a site
Well that puts any chance of that happening to bed for me. River city's selection is limited in that they lack the sizes I wear. Grrrrrrr....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->