OT: I can't decide what my next Bruins jersey should be

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Why would Bergeron's concussion history stop you? If, god forbid, something were to happen to him then he'd likely retire a Bruin. if nothing happens to him then he'll probably retire a Bruin anyway. Either way, the dude is a Bruin for life and one of the best ever. I love Krejci but I'd probably wait for him to sign a Bergy-like extension before I'd drop money on his jersey. I don't see Lucic going anywhere either.

Another one nobody has suggested is Eriksson...not sure if you're a big enough fan yet, but he's here for at least another 3 years.

Good point on Bergeron. I just like Krejci's game more than Bergeron's. He's so smooth. Lucic is definitely #3 on my list right now. Eriksson will probably just end up being a shirt unless I fall in love with his game. Still gotta get a Paille and Marchand and Rask shirt too. So many clothes, so little cash....sigh.

The only issue remaining is where to buy it from... Anyone tried sportsk like another mentioned?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Why would Bergeron's concussion history stop you? If, god forbid, something were to happen to him then he'd likely retire a Bruin. if nothing happens to him then he'll probably retire a Bruin anyway. Either way, the dude is a Bruin for life and one of the best ever. I love Krejci but I'd probably wait for him to sign a Bergy-like extension before I'd drop money on his jersey. I don't see Lucic going anywhere either.

Another one nobody has suggested is Eriksson...not sure if you're a big enough fan yet, but he's here for at least another 3 years.

Yeah, Bergy's jersey is one that's going to be worn for a long time, even after he's retired.

So long as he's relatively healthy throughout the rest of his career, (he's come back from God knows how many concussions and there's no need to explain what he went through last year... he's pretty tough), he'll be the Captain for a few years and he has a huge window to win a couple more Cups, being a massive part of every run. He's a pretty good bet to be up in the rafters. If he hits ~60-70 points this season he'll be at 12th overall for Bruins scoring. Pretty decent company ahead of him, especially for being only 28... He's already one of the better athletes to ever play here in Boston and one of the most appreciated as well.

member 96824

My jersey and shirsey collection literally goes:Thomas, Sturm, Seguin, Ference, Savard.

I'm done for a while.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I've always wanted a white one, I definitely like the look better with the black sleeves at the gloves too. Way to scared to spill something on it. I got myself a home Bergy this summer.
I'd go White Bergeron if I were you, or White Cam Neely from the 90s that one is fresh

Note: I wanted a Bergy jersey for a lonnngg time. Loved him when he was 18 doing those commericals with Raycroft. Was wayy to broke in college to afford it, he almost got killed by Randy Jones and had concussion issues, and now I can afford it an finally purchased one. At this point it doesn't matter what he's done/what he'll do it's still worth it.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Love Bergy, but I think if Krug continues to pile up the points I may have to go search for that one.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
anyone here use Coolhockey.com? They have good prices on authentics but I don't know if their customization is any good.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Does anyone in Boston want to get me a white Bergeron from the pro shop with an 'A' patch on it? I think I've made up my mind. I need to know the price, naturally.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Anyone customize one from NHL.com's site?

I have a customised premier home jersey from there. I don't have anything from elsewhere (didn't figure many places would ship here, and that I'd get something as authentic as possible (probably should've waited with that for when/if I buy an EDGE Authentic away jersey, probably Bergeron - as "mainstream" as that might be)), and I don't really know overly much about jerseys - but it came as advertised, pretty much, to my knowledge. No aesthetic errors that irk me, at least. Feel free to ask if there's anything specific you're wondering.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Maybe its the German in me but I've always wanted a Seidenberg jersey, don't see people wearing them too often.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
That coolhockey one does look good. How does it compare to ones you'd ordinarily find at a typical retail store? All we have in North Dakota is former UND players (Toews, Oshie, etc.) Wild players, and an assortment of the typical Ovechkin/Crosby/Stamkos types. It's brutal. I was stunned years ago when they had a Tim Thomas jersey for sale here. I bet they sell more Avs stuff than Bruins stuff here. It's bad.

I looked at coolhockey's store and they had a lot of good stuff at some good prices. Very impressed....now I just need to take the plunge and get one (or five.)

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
That coolhockey one does look good. How does it compare to ones you'd ordinarily find at a typical retail store? All we have in North Dakota is former UND players (Toews, Oshie, etc.) Wild players, and an assortment of the typical Ovechkin/Crosby/Stamkos types. It's brutal. I was stunned years ago when they had a Tim Thomas jersey for sale here. I bet they sell more Avs stuff than Bruins stuff here. It's bad.

I looked at coolhockey's store and they had a lot of good stuff at some good prices. Very impressed....now I just need to take the plunge and get one (or five.)

It's a typical reebok premier jersey that you'd find in a store. The lettering is the same as you'd get on an authentic. Sometimes when they mass produce jerseys you get this weird screen printed lettering on the player jerseys (you'll see this in New England sometimes at stores like Olympia or Dicks) but places like Coolhockey and the like do a good job with pro style twill lettering.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
It's a typical reebok premier jersey that you'd find in a store. The lettering is the same as you'd get on an authentic. Sometimes when they mass produce jerseys you get this weird screen printed lettering on the player jerseys (you'll see this in New England sometimes at stores like Olympia or Dicks) but places like Coolhockey and the like do a good job with pro style twill lettering.

Wow, good stuff. Going to have to save up now. White Bergeron, white Krejci with the A, Lucic, a random guy's alternate. (Reilly Smith? I love Miami of Ohio hockey. Torey Krug? Paille? Hamilton? Rask...the choices are endless, I don't need to go on.) Those are just the Bruins I want, too. Would like a Backes, Tavares, Jonathan Quick, and a Yandle/OEL jersey. I have a problem.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My next and likely last jersey will be a new Bergeron home jersey. I bought the 3rd jersey when it came out but it is too big now and I don't want to ruin it.

I get all of my jerseys from the pro shop. I can try the jersey on an then they send it away to be stitched.

I wore out my white Kelly jersey so I got a home black one last year.

Does anyone know how much it costs to have a patch or letter stitched on to an existing jersey? I want to get the A on my Krejci jersey.

Also, anyone have any cleaning tips for white jerseys?

My collection of current B's so far

Home Kelly (w/A)
Away Kelly (w/A)
Away Krejci (no A)
Third Bergeron
Winter Classic Chara

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I can't decide what my next bruins jersey is either. I can't decide between Eriksson, Iginla or Krug..

My collection of Bruins jerseys are all premier and customized by Shop.NHL. I'm still deciding wether to just say **** it and get another one from Shop.NHL or order it from IceJerseys.

Lucic home (signed)
Horton black ice
Jagr home
Söderberg home
Bergeron away w/ A (the A is ridiculously small)
Bobby Orr Heroes of Hockey

Last edited:

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Are jerseys at the pro shop fully stitched? Name, number, front logo and shoulder patches? Because I was there yesterday and the jerseys were $225... But fully stitched ones on shop.NHL go for $360. Not sure if the pro shop ones are just overly priced premiers...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Are jerseys at the pro shop fully stitched? Name, number, front logo and shoulder patches? Because I was there yesterday and the jerseys were $225... But fully stitched ones on shop.NHL go for $360. Not sure if the pro shop ones are just overly priced premiers...

They are fully stitched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->