OT: I can't decide what my next Bruins jersey should be

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
I have a home Chara and a home Tim Thomas but I want a new one...preferably someone who will be around for a while.
I know I want this one to be a white jersey, but the player is the problem, as is where I buy it from. I got one from icejerseys and wasn't a big fan. Better suggestions are welcome. If you have pics, that would be great. :)

I'm leaning Krejci since he's my favorite current Bruin, but I'm worried he'll leave when his current contract runs out. Lucic seems to be a better choice, but Bergeron and Rask have the shiny new long-term deals and I'm big fans of theirs, clearly. But they rank behind Krejci and Lucic in my affections.
1A. Lucic
1B. Krejci
3. Bergeron
4. Rask
5. Hamilton/Eriksson/Iginla (just because)

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
If you don't own a Bergeron you should buy a Bergeron. If you rank him behind Krejci then buy a Krejci. A Lucic is a little too cliche for my liking (in Vancouver EVERY personalized Bruins sweater I see is a Lucic).

My next one is either Rask, Krug or Marchand.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Any suggestions on where to get a customized, high-quality one? Heard bad things about NHL's online store and I don't live very close to Boston.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
Any suggestions on where to get a customized, high-quality one? Heard bad things about NHL's online store and I don't live very close to Boston.

I've had good customizations done from icejerseys.com and sportsk.com, only caveat being they don't get the font exactly right on the alternate captain patch so if you get a Bergeron one, that could be a factor. I want to take my Bergeron to custom crafted next time I'm in MA to see if I can get the "A" corrected.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I think I'm done with current players for good. My last one was the white Bergy jersey. At the time, I remember debating between Chara or Bergy because I didn't know if Bergeron was one hit away from retirement. I'm glad I went with Bergeron though.

If I was to get a new one it would be whichever jersey is most current with Neely on the back. He was my favourite player growing up.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I have a home Chara and a home Tim Thomas but I want a new one...preferably someone who will be around for a while.
I know I want this one to be a white jersey, but the player is the problem, as is where I buy it from. I got one from icejerseys and wasn't a big fan. Better suggestions are welcome. If you have pics, that would be great. :)

I'm leaning Krejci since he's my favorite current Bruin, but I'm worried he'll leave when his current contract runs out. Lucic seems to be a better choice, but Bergeron and Rask have the shiny new long-term deals and I'm big fans of theirs, clearly. But they rank behind Krejci and Lucic in my affections.
1A. Lucic
1B. Krejci
3. Bergeron
4. Rask
5. Hamilton/Eriksson/Iginla (just because)

Mind if I ask what was wrong with IceJerseys? I'm looking to get a jersey sometime this year as well and was leaning towards them.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Mind if I ask what was wrong with IceJerseys? I'm looking to get a jersey sometime this year as well and was leaning towards them.

I've heard nothing but good things about IceJerseys. Yeah the jerseys they sell are premier jerseys but they stitch the name and numbers on it. I'm thinking of getting a Krug one from them.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
BTW, maybe this is a good place to get this question answered...

I went to a Dick's Sporting goods here in CO and checked out their premier Avs jerseys just to get a feel for the build quality and sizing for when I decide to get a B's jersey. One thing that surprised me is that I didn't see any stitching on the inside of the team logo on the front. Are the team crests heat-pressed onto the premier jerseys or is the stitching just cleverly hidden somehow? what good is it to get custom stitching on the numbers and name if the damn jerseys come with the most important part heat-pressed?

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND

The C patch was the wrong size and the jersey numbers on the back were massive...much bigger than the ones they wear on ice. The 33 goes almost all the way down to the 3 stripes across the bottom. My replica Tim Thomas has the numbers right. The Chara doesn't look awful, but it's not as good as it could be.

The whole Bergy concussion issue has me leaning Krejci still. Paille is an interesting idea. Definitely one of my faves. Anyone customize one from NHL.com's site?

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
BTW, maybe this is a good place to get this question answered...

I went to a Dick's Sporting goods here in CO and checked out their premier Avs jerseys just to get a feel for the build quality and sizing for when I decide to get a B's jersey. One thing that surprised me is that I didn't see any stitching on the inside of the team logo on the front. Are the team crests heat-pressed onto the premier jerseys or is the stitching just cleverly hidden somehow? what good is it to get custom stitching on the numbers and name if the damn jerseys come with the most important part heat-pressed?

Front logos and shoulders are heat-pressed, even if you get it from IceJersey's. I've had no major problems with the heat pressed front logo and shoulders, although on my Jagr premier the logo is coming off a little bit, not a lot just a little tiny bit, and on my Horton Black Ice premier it's the same for one of the shoulder patches.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
I've heard nothing but good things about IceJerseys. Yeah the jerseys they sell are premier jerseys but they stitch the name and numbers on it. I'm thinking of getting a Krug one from them.

I sent a blank Winter Classic jersey to Ice Jerseys a couple of years ago to get Recchi's name/number put on it...and was very pleased with the result. I got a Ference jersey from them at the end of last season and was still quite pleased with the result. They're not the cheapest, but I feel I certainly got what I paid for....

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Front logos and shoulders are heat-pressed, even if you get it from IceJersey's. I've had no major problems with the heat pressed front logo and shoulders, although on my Jagr premier the logo is coming off a little bit, not a lot just a little tiny bit, and on my Horton Black Ice premier it's the same for one of the shoulder patches.

wow, I'm surprised this doesn't bother people more. This sort of thing drives me crazy. I had a replica jersey as a kid with the heat pressed logo and it started coming off. No way am I gonna pay $150 for a jersey with the team crest glued on there.

I think I'll just hold out for an authentic jersey then, assuming the logos are actually sewn onto those (please tell me they are!)

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I would never buy another jersey from NHL.com. The first one I ordered had the name falling off it. I complained and they sent me a replacement. Peverley was spelled wrong (Peverly) and the 49s on the sleeves were right but on the back the number was reversed to 94! I complained and they sent me a third one that was finally right.

They told me to keep the first two. I had the first one repaired. I still have the messed up one. Unbelievable.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Been stuck on this for years. Made a topic about it too which was floating around. I think I am getting a Lucic or Bergeron.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The C patch was the wrong size and the jersey numbers on the back were massive...much bigger than the ones they wear on ice. The 33 goes almost all the way down to the 3 stripes across the bottom. My replica Tim Thomas has the numbers right. The Chara doesn't look awful, but it's not as good as it could be.

The whole Bergy concussion issue has me leaning Krejci still. Paille is an interesting idea. Definitely one of my faves. Anyone customize one from NHL.com's site?

Why would Bergeron's concussion history stop you? If, god forbid, something were to happen to him then he'd likely retire a Bruin. if nothing happens to him then he'll probably retire a Bruin anyway. Either way, the dude is a Bruin for life and one of the best ever. I love Krejci but I'd probably wait for him to sign a Bergy-like extension before I'd drop money on his jersey. I don't see Lucic going anywhere either.

Another one nobody has suggested is Eriksson...not sure if you're a big enough fan yet, but he's here for at least another 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad