I Cannot See Buffalo Missing the Playoffs Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
I don't care how many years in a row they've missed. It's irrelevant now. They have the key pieces to win and Hall will have a huge year of 40 goals. Some depth and goaltending concerns, but those will be overcome with a star core taking the next step. They finally have the right coach in place. Stick with him. Dahlin and Eichel will have their best seasons yet.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I don't care how many years in a row they've missed. It's irrelevant now. They have the key pieces to win and Hall will have a huge year of 40 goals. Some depth and goaltending concerns, but those will be overcome with a star core taking the next step. They finally have the right coach in place. Stick with him. Dahlin and Eichel will have their best seasons yet.
Gonna be tough for Buffalo in the division alignment proposed for this season.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
Boston is very clearly better. NYI as well as long as Trotz is coaching. You can make an arguement for NYR and Pittsburgh. I think the only team they are clearly better than is NJ.

Boston is looking at a big regression imo. Islanders I think lack the high level Buffalo has. Pens I don't see making the playoffs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Boston is very clearly better. NYI as well as long as Trotz is coaching. You can make an arguement for NYR and Pittsburgh. I think the only team they are clearly better than is NJ.

How is Boston clearly better? They lost the puck moving Krug and Chara is one year older (not signed yet either). Pasta and Marchand are not expected to be ready until mid Jan or early Feb. Bergeron and Krejci also one year older. Bruins still a good team but they have more questions heading into this season than previous ones

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
How is Boston clearly better? They lost the puck moving Krug and Chara is one year older (not signed yet either). Pasta and Marchand are not expected to be ready until mid Jan or early Feb. Bergeron and Krejci also one year older. Bruins still a good team but they have more questions heading into this season than previous ones
I don't like Boston at all this year. I also am critical of them doing so little. They had a terrible offseason.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I can see us missing the playoffs. I can also see us making the playoffs. But the only thing I feel confident enough to have more than a “maybe” on is that the Sabres won’t be in the bottom 8 of the league this year.

Also this thread will be great when the Sabres miss the playoffs, and HFBoards is all “you silly stupid Sabres fans thought you’ll be good” and reference this thread as proof, even though it wasn’t started by a Sabres fan.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Hall next to Eichel should be entertaining and seems like every year i tell myself Buffalo will finally make the playoffs with that roster but for some reason they always disapoint

Reactions: Riddum

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hall next to Eichel should be entertaining and seems like every year i tell myself Buffalo will finally make the playoffs with that roster but for some reason they always disapoint

The only way the Sabres move up is if they improve their team D and goaltending. Offense will be there for them to some degree but if their team D is bottom half, they will struggle to compete against more well rounded teams that have similar offense but a much better D/Goaltending

In previous years when we have seen the Sabres start off hot, their team D was good. It seems to fade as the season moves along. This is their flaw IMO. It's not offensive ability

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia

Forty goals in 56 games. I likey!

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
In a 40 game season, it's certainly possible they could contend for a spot.
Agreed. Sabres have started fast recently, and then faded at about half way. Shorter season should help them hang on to a playoff spot.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If their PK sits at the bottom of the league again, they'll miss the playoffs again. Goaltending and D is still meh.

Hall is a one-man show, but he can hurt you as much as he helps you.

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

he hasn't done this since he was in the OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->