I bought Factory Direct Custom sticks from China. Yes they're the real deal. No they're not special but neither is your $300+ stick.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVAN9CNJNxM

Would I do this again? Absolutely.

I wanted to confirm a few things for myself and am convinced of the following:

1.) All of the off-brand "custom" hockey stick companies order from the same 2 or 3 factories (this includes names like Twig, HockeyStickMan, Prostockhockeysticks, Custom Hockey Sticks, etc).

2.) If you are buying a "top tier, high performance" $300+ stick you are absolutely overpaying for marketing on things that don't significantly improve the performance or durability of the stick. If you paid $300+ because the stick is infused with some chemical compound you just heard about yesterday or because the stick has 5-6 edges on it and was structurally engineered by a group of communications and marketing majors, you overpaid.

3.) It's 2023, we have access to a direct global supply chain from the palms of our fingertips while taking an extended break on the toilet. There's no reason high-end carbon fiber sticks should cost $300+. Carbon fiber has come a long way since the release of the Easton Synergy 22.5 years ago, and while the materials have changed slightly, the manufacturing process hasn't.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVAN9CNJNxM

Would I do this again? Absolutely.

I wanted to confirm a few things for myself and am convinced of the following:

1.) All of the off-brand "custom" hockey stick companies order from the same 2 or 3 factories (this includes names like Twig, HockeyStickMan, Prostockhockeysticks, Custom Hockey Sticks, etc).

2.) If you are buying a "top tier, high performance" $300+ stick you are absolutely overpaying for marketing on things that don't significantly improve the performance or durability of the stick. If you paid $300+ because the stick is infused with some chemical compound you just heard about yesterday or because the stick has 5-6 edges on it and was structurally engineered by a group of communications and marketing majors, you overpaid.

3.) It's 2023, we have access to a direct global supply chain from the palms of our fingertips while taking an extended break on the toilet. There's no reason high-end carbon fiber sticks should cost $300+. Carbon fiber has come a long way since the release of the Easton Synergy 22.5 years ago, and while the materials have changed slightly, the manufacturing process hasn't.
I mean all this is great, but the most important points are the balance, and feel of the stick. Being light doesn’t make it good IMO.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad