I admit, I was wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I was really high on Tomas Slovak, and pissed when the Preds traded him...but it seems like maybe Poile knew something we didn't, since Slovak could barely hold an AHL spot and found himself bouncing back to the ECHL. Last I heard, he was thinking about going home.

Slovak was up there. And the reason we traded Slovak is one of my biggest mistakes. The 2003 draft was the first one I truly followed in depth. I knew every player taken in the first two rounds of the draft except two: Branislav Fabry (drafted by Buffalo) and some tall skinny kid out of Kelowna named Shea Weber. What a stupid pick that Weber kid was! Just who the heck is he? We should have taken O'Sullivan. He's clearly a better prospect. And if we needed defensive help, which we clearly don't having already drafted Suter and Klein, why didn't we take Barinka, Stehlik, or Bissonette? What a waste of a 2nd round pick and a complete reach!

And to top it off, when we drafted Weber, we got rid of Slovak. Slovak just tore up the WHL scoring wise that year. Weber had 50+ less points that year!

I guess hindsight is 20/20 :dunno:

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
i've always been high on afinogenov, and he hasn't really delivered.

and the bias in me hopes that "fatboy" steve bernier comes back to bite some people in the ass. he has the potential to, but then again every prospect has "potential". :dunno:

Ice Cream Man

$1 Oysters
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
Was high on Jason Podollan, Daniel Tkaczuk and Steve Kelly back in the 90's. Too bad they never panned out.

Didn't think would make it, but did - Martin St. Louis, Scott Nichol, Todd White.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
I was very high on Richard Jackman and he let me down but he appears as though me may make me right in the end. I was wrong about Breden Morrow. When they drafted him i didnt think much of it but he is an absolute pit bull.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Carl O'Steen said:
believe it or not, i don't think i've ever been wrong on any noteable prospects.
I believe it - you emphatically predicted Ricky Ray's signing in Toronto during the CFL off-season and he looks great as an Argonaut so far... :D

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I was really high on Libor Usturnl. I thought he was going to be a great defensive d-men. I was hoping the habs would draft him. OUCH

I didn't like the Komisarek pick. I really wanted us to pick mikko Koivu. Turned out to be a good pick. We still missed Ruutu, who would have been great.

Hellström

Sep 22, 2002
Oilers High: Michael Henrich, Brock Radunske (i´m still high on him... :innocent: )
High: Pat Falloon, Matt Bradley (thought, that he´d be able to have more impact)

Oilers Low: Fernando Pisani
Low: Mark Smith, Samuel Pahlsson

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
As a Habs fan, we were all looking forward to Gilbert Dionne blossoming into a top scorer....

The Habs first picks from 1994 to 1999 have been extremely disappointing: Brown, Ryan, Higgins, Ward, Chouinard, Buturlin, just brutal....Let's hope that Hainsey and Komisarek can turn arounf that abismal drafting record.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
For the Devils:

Janne Ojanen stepped into the Devils lineup in 1989 and immediately looked like he belonged there. In 64 games he scored 17 goals and 30 points. He was injured in the second part of the year and he faded into history going back to Finland. I really liked this kid, he looked like a real snipper.

Scott Pellerin set all the U of Maine scoring records while winning the Hobby Baker (Broken shortly after by Paul Kariya). In 1992-93 he split time with the Utica Devils and the NJ Devils in the AHL he scored 33 points in 27 games and in the NHL he scored 21 points in 45 games that year. I had really high Hopes for Scott. I thought he would be a gritty little player who could chip in bunches of points.

I really thought Denis Pederson was going to be a Bobby Holik Type Player, or better. His first full year in Albany he scored 71 points in 68 games and his first NHL season he scored 32 points in 70 games. Things looked really promising from him early on.

More Recently:

I was really down on Thomas Vanek when he was such a high pick, but after the year he had in the AHL I guess I was wrong. He still has to prove it in the NHL, but I am willing to admit being on the wrong side of that one.

Last edited:

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Two words that'll burn me forever....Alexander Volchkov :madfire:

The kid could do it all....they called him selfish so he led the W in assists the next year. Just too bad he had a 2 cent head with that million dollar talent.

CH Wizard

Ribeiro..............I always thought his skills would never translate to the NHL (because of his attitude and his size).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->