I actually feel bad for Canada. (never thought I would say this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
optimus2861 said:
I'm not going to feel bad. The guys who should feel bad are the ones who disgraced the uniform they wore by getting shut out three times in four games. I'll exempt Joe Sakic for past exemplary service, Martin Brodeur for excellent play, and Roberto Luongo for having nothing to do with the losses, but just about everybody else should hang their heads in shame when they step back onto Canadian soil.
You have to forgive Marty Turco too :D.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Ola said:
shawn, previous WCH for example Russia have played like that, without a hear. Its not a opinion its a fact. Id give props to Ovechkin and co. who have come in and changed that way of thinking. This is the best hockey game I've seen russian players play since I saw the Canada Cup Finals from 87' on tape.
Yeah, Ovechkin changed the face of Russia.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
dharmaboy said:
Well on the bright side, we won't have to watch piss poor hockey from Team Canada in this tourney.

It was like watching the old 80's Nordiques play.

Kudos to the goalies. Atleast they showed up.
Oh that is so true. I've never felt so desperate, disapointed and frustrated as during this tournament. It was excruciating watching them try to score on Switzerland :)shakehead) and Finland. Against Russia, it was a little better but still useless.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Taranis_24 said:
Being an American was hoping Canada would have gotten the gold. As far as the Vancouver I just hope the fans there show the world athletes the respect they deserve. That those that acted badly during the most recent WJC will actually put their feelings aside a treat these athletes with grace. I always respected Canadians growing up in Niagara Falls felt canadians are nicest people in the world. I was trully dissappointed in the treatment(by some/maybe most but not all) they showed the american teenagers. I hope they come through and show the whole world the class people that I know they are.

Yeah and look how Jack Johnson disrespected Downey after he scored a goal. That's the only freaking player that crowd booed and for good reason. He didn't show any sportsmanship at all. He hit Downey for no reason.

Goldark

Jun 5, 2002
Ann Arbor
www.
The only one I feel bad for is Wayne Gretzky. The guy poured his heart and soul into the team and his country, and he's going to get a large part of the blame for it when I would blame the players and coaches first and foremost.

Overall, I don't feel bad for Canadian fans at all. They had their glory in 2002 and they'll have plenty of other chances in future tournies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad