I actually feel bad for Canada. (never thought I would say this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Seems to me that Canada just couldn't catch any breaks in this tournament. They had an all-star team that on paper is maybe even better than 2002. The biggest problem was surprisinlgy the goal scoring. Something that the Canadians never lacked in the past.

Yes I feel kinda bad for them, but I am sure you will rebound :clap:

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
I don't feel bad for Canada and I'm Canadian. They got what they deserved and the better team won. We can't win everything unfortunately but we damn well better win a medal in Vancouver 2010.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Don't shed any tears for these guys. I think you'll see many players bowing out of these types of tournaments in the future. They didn't have the same desire this year.

Old Hickory

gozar said:
Let some other countries fight for the gold for a change.
For a change???

One, it not true
Two, it's an insult to every other hockey nation

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Its true they didnt deserve to win.

It also looks like the slovaks are going out now too. I have no one to cheer for.

jd84

Jan 28, 2006
I feel bad for brodeur b/c he played his best game but I can still see some people ripping him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't feel sorry for Canada. If they had played great hockey I would have liked to see them move on.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
jd84 said:
I feel bad for brodeur b/c he played his best game but I can still see some people ripping him.

He was by far the best canadian player this tourney. Luongo was also good.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Canada vs Russia just to get into the medal round, you know someone's gonna go home extremely dissapointed. However, as a Canadian, you can't really feel sorry for us, we were the lower seeded team, we put ourselves in this situation. It should have been the Swiss going up against the powerhouse Russians in the quarterfinals, but they played their way past that.

Randall Graves*

gozar said:
Don't feel bad, they'll bounce back I'm sure. Let some other countries fight for the gold for a change.
Canada should've sent their B team!

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
We lost this tournament.

We will loose tournaments in the future.

Although I sincerely believe that the Canadians have the best talent in the world, there are clearly a lot of very good teams out there, any of whome can beat Canada fairly on any given day.

Today we lost to one such team.

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
I'm not sure if he actually said this, but Kurt Russel's line as Herb Brooks in Miracle sums up why Canada didn't advance. He said that he was not looking for the best players, he was looking for the right ones. The Canadian brain braintrust amassed a great wealth of talent, but not a cohesive unit. The latter is what's required in a short tournament.

Moon Man*

From reading the Olympics forum, I take it I'm possibly the least emotionally-invested person here... but for what it's worth, I feel a modicum of despair for Canada.

No need for me to regurgitate all the valid points made re: roster choices, poor penalties, et al. ...but anyone could tell that this was a very even playing field, so going out like this is acceptable.

At the end of the day however... It's a nation that wears its heart on the sleeve of its hockey jersey that's heading home medal-less. Whether they were overwhelmed by their opponents, unprepared, indifferent or whatever... Everyone is going to be talking and hearing about this for along while to come.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
this was a terrible effort in the whole tournament from the Canadian team. The Russians are amazing, especially the young guys, and I'll be cheering for them from here on.

shealy04

Oct 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
oil slick said:
We lost this tournament.

We will loose tournaments in the future.

Although I sincerely believe that the Canadians have the best talent in the world, there are clearly a lot of very good teams out there, any of whome can beat Canada fairly on any given day.

Today we lost to one such team.

Well said!

shawn_kemp*

feel bad? for what?

after all the arrogance and insults that we've faced for years from a lot of Canadian fans, the over confidence, especially against Russia, the outcome of this game is JUSTICE

Today I believe in God and in Justice!

habitue*

RallyKiller said:
Canada should've sent their B team!

Selecting Tanguay, Staal, Crosby, Spezza and Phaneuf over guys like Bertuzzi, Draper, Smyth and Doan would had helped.

They did not deserve to win. Three shot outs ! Where were the scorers ? Where was the heart ?

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
BeLeafer87 said:
I love Brodeur and if there is one player that doesn't deserve a single bit of blame, its him. Brodeur :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

dido.

And in reply to the thread..I would have felt bad for Canada if they played a great tournament and lost or even played a one good game against the Russians...But...Canada never deserved to win..they never played at any point like they actually wanted to win..so surely I do not feel bad for Canada...

shawn_kemp*

habitué said:
Where was the heart ?

I hope that in the future, no Canadian will ever tell me that the Russians have not heart/play without heart/are selfish/never play as a team.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
gozar said:
Don't feel bad, they'll bounce back I'm sure. Let some other countries fight for the gold for a change.

What do you mean, for a change? Right now, the only championships Canada owns is the World Cup (which doesn't mean a lot to many people) and the World Junior title.

Salt Lake City was Canada's first gold at the Olympics in 50 years. Canada winning WAS a change.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
kingsjohn said:
For a change???

One, it not true
Two, it's an insult to every other hockey nation

Maybe I should have added this, ;) ,since you seemlingly took offence . And since I'm not Canadian, I think I have the right to say so.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
dok101 said:
I'm not sure if he actually said this, but Kurt Russel's line as Herb Brooks in Miracle sums up why Canada didn't advance. He said that he was not looking for the best players, he was looking for the right ones. The Canadian brain braintrust amassed a great wealth of talent, but not a cohesive unit. The latter is what's required in a short tournament.
Clarke tried to do it in Nagano. Didn't work out too well. Last Olympics they went with the Talented squad, won it.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
shawn_kemp said:
feel bad? for what?

after all the arrogance and insults that we've faced for years from a lot of Canadian fans, the over confidence, especially against Russia, the outcome of this game is JUSTICE

Today I believe in God and in Justice!

You seriously have a persecution complex. Not everybody's out to get you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad