I’m surprised nobody made a thread about Babcock having to go to Arizona to talk to Mathews. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
I wonder what this kind of lobbying says about William Nylander? He was terrible in the playoffs, but openly lobbying to play with another winger seems problematic.

I don't think that was the case. The question about if he'd like to play with Marner was brought up by the media and Matthews said yea because of their off-ice and on-ice chemistry (though they never played much together in the NHL). I don't think I'd take that as lobbying because I doubt there is any guy on the Leafs that doesn't want to play with Marner, kid is a beast.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
A lot of people ragged on Kypreos for that story of tension between Matthews/ Babs, but looks like he was right.
You're assuming that this is the reason he has made the trip to see Matthews. This could just as easily be Babcock discussing the Leafs captaincy with him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don’t really care what Babcock said.

All I know is, if we had to choose between Babcock and Matthews. It’s not really a choice at all.

Bye bye Babcock.
yeah, but i still don't appreciate a dishonest coach. He should really be transparent with regards to the state of the team.

But yes. Babcock can go if he's pissing Matthews off

Reactions: ToMaLe

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s not accurate. Tempas players are allowed to play to their strength. They don’t dump every puck.

Neither did Matthews! His signature move in the first round was going one on four through center ice, curl drag/wrist that gets poke checked away.

Reactions: The Apologist

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If Matthews, two years into his career is going to sulk over having to play with "grinders" (which btw was because Nylander was doing jack), then maybe we should move on from Auston. I certainly do not what a player who is so self centered to be leading the Leafs.

Of course I do not believe that for a second that's the issue. In fact, I believe that the meeting is about the captaincy and seeing whether or not Auston wants and is prepared to take on the responsibility.

You do realize that Auston isn’t the first player to speak out against Babs. If that’s what really happened.

Babs made some questionable decisions last year. His obsession with grinders is getting out of hands. I get that Hyman played really well but that still doesn’t make him a first liner. Brown had 2 goals in last 27 games. You put him with franchise player ?

Reactions: ToMaLe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If Matthews, two years into his career is going to sulk over having to play with "grinders" (which btw was because Nylander was doing jack), then maybe we should move on from Auston. I certainly do not what a player who is so self centered to be leading the Leafs.

Of course I do not believe that for a second that's the issue. In fact, I believe that the meeting is about the captaincy and seeing whether or not Auston wants and is prepared to take on the responsibility.
yeah let's move on from a guy who projects to be the best player in franchise history simply because he wants to be put in a position to succeed. Smart

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
You do realize that Auston isn’t the first player to speak out against Babs. If that’s what really happened.

Babs made some questionable decisions last year. His obsession with grinders is getting out of hands. I get that Hyman played really well but that still doesn’t make him a first liner. Brown had 2 goals in last 27 games. You put him with franchise player ?

When did Auston speak out against Babcock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->