[Hypothetical] Toews and Price on waivers - Would your team claim either?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets would likely claim Toews and place him on the third line, they might even trade for him if Chicago retains to the max. But I could see Toews going two ways, either being bought out and signs a cheap contract with the Jets, or Chicago toughs it out and waits for his contract to die.

But yeah I'd claim both of them, what team wouldn't?

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Most teams would claim Price and make the cap work. I'm also sure Toews is highly regarded in the league and would get some bids. But his production is worrisome.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If I am the nyi owners/management and I have an extra $10m per after extending Tavares , then I want to use that money towards paying one of OEL/Doughty/Karlsson.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Toews? Lmao, last thing Shero would do is add that joke of a contract to the books

Price? If Schneider’s injury was long term then I could see it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Toews? Lmao, last thing Shero would do is add that joke of a contract to the books

Price? If Schneider’s injury was long term then I could see it.

Well he did add some poor contracts to the Penguins roster in his time there...

But I do believe he has learned from some his mistakes in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
The contracts alone would kill that for most teams. There can't be all that many with the cap space and budget to add another 10+M without dropping an offsetting contract or 2.

Reactions: Kcb12345

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd be fine with Vancouver claiming Toews. Price is a tougher one, as i'm really just not convinced you can build a team around a goaltender that expensive.

Vancouver, and frankly...barely any teams actually have the cap space to actually make a claim work though.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Need to know where the cap is going the next two or three years to be able to properly answer. If the cap provides some relief, then perhaps.

Of course if the cap goes up the price on your Barzal's and Boeser's go up too......

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Yes, both.

Avs

Would take some wiggling to get both to fit, but they have a few guys on IR now, and Bernier left todays game (pulled for goals, but had taken a head shot and did not stay on bench after getting pulled). So IR him as well, and go with a skeleton roster and it could work.

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Yes, both.

Avs

Would take some wiggling to get both to fit, but they have a few guys on IR now, and Bernier left todays game (pulled for goals, but had taken a head shot and did not stay on bench after getting pulled). So IR him as well, and go with a skeleton roster and it could work.

Really? I mean we could afford em both but I think we wouldn't take either. MAYBE Price and then get rid of Varly. Or cap situation is great, no need to handcuff ourselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad