Injury Report: Hyman out for at least 6 months with a torn ACL

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Some players need to do some ugly work in the trenches, Hyman is limited but on a skill line he's bloody useful, it's not a fluke that any line he's on with skill players looks bloody solid

I never thought I'd write this but we need another Hyman for the top 6 because the top 6 line he isn't on never looks as well balanced as the line he is on

I do like that style points thing though, you should get onto the league about that
I'm shocked you said that too, but I've always loved the player that's in the trench taking the punishment and willing the puck into the net. Very important to have those players for when the puck gets stopped and is still in play right at the crease, somebody has to keep the possession alive.

Maybe the NHL should get an international panel to rate the goals like the Olympics and hand out the style points that way? :laugh:

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm shocked you said that too, but I've always loved the player that's in the trench taking the punishment and willing the puck into the net. Very important to have those players for when the puck gets stopped and is still in play right at the crease, somebody has to keep the possession alive.

Maybe the NHL should get an international panel to rate the goals like the Olympics and hand out the style points that way? :laugh:

I don't love him but it works, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Trying to find another player like that on the cheap would be a solid team building move imo, Matthews and Nylander need a player like that again

No need to overcomplicate things, hfboards poll that *****

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I don't love him but it works, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Trying to find another player like that on the cheap would be a solid team building move imo, Matthews and Nylander need a player like that again

No need to overcomplicate things, hfboards poll that *****
We agree. I'm hoping Mikheyev's game translates because he seems like a puck hound.

Reactions: CincoHolio and Kiwi

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We agree. I'm hoping Mikheyev's game translates because he seems like a puck hound.

I would have liked to see Engval given an opportunity, but it looks like they're converting him to center.

He seemed willing to patrol the side and in preseason looked like someone who could skate well enough to get their on time.

I'm wondering if Mikheyev is more a producer than a digger. Based on the clips I've seen, he's a skilled player with great wheels.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I wonder about Moore, he's a speedy little puck hound that can make a pass

Might be best being a converter of passes, considering he was on a 40g pace on the Marlies last year. Could do well, IMO, playing with Kerfoot.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Might be best being a converter of passes, considering he was on a 40g pace on the Marlies last year. Could do well, IMO, playing with Kerfoot.

I've penciled him onto my 3rd lines when I've been doing lineups but I do wonder about him as a 3rd wheel type on a skill line

If he could do the job while Hyman is out and once Hyman gets back have a 3rd line of Johnsson Kerfoot Kapanen it would really deapen the lineup

That could be the best 3rd line in the league

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I would have liked to see Engval given an opportunity, but it looks like they're converting him to center.

He seemed willing to patrol the side and in preseason looked like someone who could skate well enough to get their on time.

I'm wondering if Mikheyev is more a producer than a digger. Based on the clips I've seen, he's a skilled player with great wheels.
Agreed about Engval, but I'm willing to give him time to convert to centre because once he is, he can come up, play wing and fill in st C when needed.
Since Hyman will likely be out for camp, I would think Agostino might get a serious look.
That gives Mikheyev time to show his stuff. Once Hymsn returns one moves down the lineup and we get even better, theoretically. Thata a good problem to have.

I wonder about Moore, he's a speedy little puck hound that can make a pass
I like Moore but I'm worried about him facing 1st pairing defense. Last year he looked a little weak against some of the bigger defensemen. But his engine never stops.

Reactions: Kiwi and Boutette

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Agreed about Engval, but I'm willing to give him time to convert to centre because once he is, he can come up, play wing and fill in st C when needed.

That gives Mikheyev time to show his stuff. Once Hymsn returns one moves down the lineup and we get even better, theoretically. Thata a good problem to have.

I like Moore but I'm worried about him facing 1st pairing defense. Last year he looked a little weak against some of the bigger defensemen. But his engine never stops.

As long as he can get in on the forecheck with his speed and cause havoc thats half the job, parking his ass in front of the goaltender and causing havoc like Hyman can would be my concern, that's where Hyman's size really comes into it's own

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If you assume Johnsson is on the top line, I'd put Moore in the Hyman role and have Mik play with Kerfoot/Kapanen

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Which young player is going to step up ?
Mikheyev seems to have Babs in his corner.
Moore has the speed and tenacity we like, but lacks size.
Engval could see his stock boosted hard if he gets given the 10 or so games on the line before Humans back.has all the speed in the world.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
deployment absolutely...it's tough to look in a crystal ball and say for certain...do I think it could have made a significant difference? absolutely or else I wouldn't say it

5 on 5 was not our problem during that series, it was the PP/PK that lost it for us. Considering that in 5 of the 7 games our team defence was world class an aggregate sv% above .940. Andy had 4 quality starts. The lines that we had 5 on 5 were exemplary. Not need to change them, its was our special teams that lost us that series.

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
Does anyone have an update. I believe he is skating with the team with a yellow jersey?????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad