Injury Report: Hyman knee-on-knee (Update May 10: Back at practice)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I dunno I have seen this team play some total exciting sound hockey and then just flat out suck and crap the bed at the other end of the spectrum, the consistency is surely a problem.
Good teams % is great hockey with a few bad ones like in all professional sports vs a team that is like a box of crackerjack not knowing what prize your gonna get on any given game night. This season obviously are better as the standings show but geez sometime you sure think they are trying hard to go back to former problems.
Well that would be a direct correlation pointing to the core of the team,the culture and construction. I think they have really identified and fixed getting the amount of shots down through defensive structure. That was a issue for years thats not a issue this year.
They however have another issue that when compared to the very best teams that possess the puck the most in the league. It’s turnovers. One of the worst turnover teams in the entire league. The other top teams like Colorado,T-Bay aren’t plagued with this issue.
That could be where you are seeing the inconsistencies. They are really turnovers. Inconsistencies is the blanket term. They need to not force the game and work the puck safer when they own it. I posted these stats in here a couple times. They seem to be thrown to the wayside by most as a product of a possession team.
The other possession teams don’t turn the puck over and actually are some of the best at not turning the puck over. Our turnover numbers are through the roof

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
To be fair, Simmonds would have needed to hop over the boards David Clarkson style to exact revenge as Edler was immediately kicked out.
Other forwards on ice were Kerfoot and Micheyev, definitely not fighters. Not sure who the d pair was at the time.

At the end of the play the puck goes back down to the Canucks end and to the net and Holtby smothering it ends the play. Edler was at the net and my thoughts were why hasn't somebody planted his head into the net. I have been on another Leaf site for years and always comment on how this team has no toughness. Evident there. F the PP it's been sh*t lately take the penalty and make a statement. Nope not this team.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Hey guys. John Shannon was on Oilers Now (Our lunch time Oilers show) with Bob Stauffer

he said Hyman asked to go back intot he game last night, but they wanted to be cautious.

He also said he would not be surprised to see Hyman in tomorrow night.

You guys can relax a little :)

Don't shoot the messenger. That is what Shannon said

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Well that would be a direct correlation pointing to the core of the team,the culture and construction. I think they have really identified and fixed getting the amount of shots down through defensive structure. That was a issue for years thats not a issue this year.
They however have another issue that when compared to the very best teams that possess the puck the most in the league. It’s turnovers. One of the worst turnover teams in the entire league. The other top teams like Colorado,T-Bay aren’t plagued with this issue.
That could be where you are seeing the inconsistencies. They are really turnovers. Inconsistencies is the blanket term. They need to not force the game and work the puck safer when they own it. I posted these stats in here a couple times. They seem to be thrown to the wayside by most as a product of a possession team.
The other possession teams don’t turn the puck over and actually are some of the best at not turning the puck over. Our turnover numbers are through the roof
Turnovers and forced play with low percentages of success I totally agree with that

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Hey guys. John Shannon was on Oilers Now (Our lunch time Oilers show) with Bob Stauffer

he said Hyman asked to go back intot he game last night, but they wanted to be cautious.

I'm sure they said something along the lines of "Pack it for tonight Zach. The Nucks will be gasping for air by the 3rd. The boys will take care of them for you."

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Snipes45 is Oiler fan #1 in my book.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Turnovers and forced play with low percentages of success I totally agree with that
I’m glad i am not the only one seeing it bro. I checked it because i wondered if i was seeing a team that was doing this at a average rate. It’s far from average for a contender and seriously bad was what i found out.

Reactions: Cobra777

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
How can you not call sticking out his leg unintentional?

It's baffling to me. There was definite cause because Edler had been out for more than 2 mins and was dead tired and wanted to get a break.
That is as bad as no high-stick on follow-through, rule is rule ; it was clear that edler was trying to stop Hyman, and it was not the first time Edler did this.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Thats good but I want to hear it from someone more reliable.
Thanks for the info though.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
To me all world is carry team like Dougie did ... win or go home .. that is why they call him KILLER

How old was Gilmore when he did that again? Matthews is fast becoming a superstar who can carry a team on his back

Giving up on kids this talented this age is just silly

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
2 game suspension is warranted and the NHL got this right for once.

Now lets hope that Hyman isnt hurt too badly. My hopes are Shannon was right. This would be a huge bullet dodged.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
103 thousand clams fine. That’s not chump change for Edler.

Edit: Actually.. just checked, their paying that bum 6 large a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad