Injury Report: Hyman knee-on-knee (Update May 10: Back at practice)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You know and everyone else knows both what that stat means and why you guys are in such a tizzy over it.

I think I was pretty clear when I explained why I don't think it means anything. It seems like nobody else knows what you think it means either, that's why people asked.

You say it means something, go ahead - I'm listening.

Reactions: Kurtz

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
OK maybe you have a history with that poster in unaware of. From the outside it seemed like a simple question.
My apologies

How does "or just another useless statistic" seem like a simple question to you?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I think I was pretty clear when I explained why I don't think it means anything. It seems like nobody else knows what you think it means either, that's why people asked.

You say it means something, go ahead - I'm listening.

Actually you may not have noticed but in between these adorable reaction posts of yours some other posters have been able to respond with their simple takes on this simple obvious post of mine that doesn't require any explanation.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Our 5-1 record without 11 (actually 5-2 if you count the game 11 was injured) could also have to do with the fact that the competition has been pretty pathetic. Vancouver (2), Winnipeg (2), Montreal (1), and Vancouver (2) are currently all tire fires. At the moment the Oilers are barely the only other respectable team in the division. Bring on the American teams.

Reactions: LeafSteel

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Just shows all those chicken-little sky is falling posters who said the leafs are easily out in the first round without Hyman didn't give the rest of this team the credit they deserve

*I'll tell you what I think. Your post might imply that we don't need Hyman as we're doing so well without him.

Wow the team is doing really well without Hyman, that's great considering he's a great player; they'll be in even better shape once he's back. Shows how great of an add Foligno has been too, he's really filled Hyman's injury void nicely; they're actually 4-0 with him now.

Our 5-1 record without 11 (actually 5-2 if you count the game 11 was injured) could also have to do with the fact that the competition has been pretty pathetic. Vancouver (2), Winnipeg (2), Montreal (1), and Vancouver (2) are currently all tire fires. At the moment the Oilers are barely the only other respectable team in the division. Bring on the American teams.

Interesting how many different interpretations there are over a "simple post" that "We all know what it does and doesn't mean."

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Are you suggesting that Hyman is not needed or just throwing out another useless statistic?

Who insulted you?
Seems you should take your own advice about being sensitive
(quoted for context)

Heh.

His question contained a direct insult.
Tone.

There's nothing wrong with him posting a stat. I like posters throwing stats around, the irrelevant ones I just ignore & the relevant ones I take with a grain of salt or I make my own observation on it; I don't need Zeke's take on it to do that, he's got no obligation to do that.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Haha yeah, the division overall does seem pretty bad ATM.

Reactions: ToneDog

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
(quoted for context)

Tone.

There's nothing wrong with him posting a stat. I like posters throwing stats around, the irrelevant ones I just ignore & the relevant ones I take with a grain of salt or I make my own observation on it; I don't need Zeke's take on it to do that, he's got no obligation to do that.
Equally just as ok for posters to ask what he is getting at

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Well, since there was no explanation of the post, "we all" don't know what it does and doesn't mean. Hence the original question.

(which remains unanswered)

As outsider in your exchanges using words like “throwing out” and “another useless stat” i found to be insulting.

The stats provide information and make for a good discussions. There is no negative intent in there from my perspective.

Edit.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Happy Sunday everyone. Grab a coffee. It’s always a good Sunday following a victory.

Hyman’s absence shows we are a deep team based on our record. And When he returns the team will even be better!

You guys should all be happy about that.

Reactions: Byron Bitz

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Happy Sunday everyone. Grab a coffee. It’s always a good Sunday following a victory.

Hyman’s absence shows we are a deep team based on our record. And When he returns the team will even be better!

You guys should all be happy about that.

I think it's been clear for some time now that we're a deep team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kurtz and ACC1224

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
To be honest I was sceptical. But having Foligno in there after Hyman was injured is comforting.

Foligno has filled the hole that was created by the Hyman loss to injury as they're similar style blue collar, lunch pail, hard working players that drive a teams compete level.

It softened the blow of Zach's loss, a player that all his teammates love and want on their lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad