Confirmed with Link: Hyman fined $5k

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
For taking a 2 handed tomahawk chop to the back of his legs. This league is a joke.

Why doesnt the league protect its stars instead PaDoink!!! He deserved what he got.

Protect the stars like Matthews that are getting manhandled every game. What about the dirty check on Kerfoot at the end of the 2nd that only got a 2 minute penalty.

Horrible. Its a 5k well spent for Hyman in my books. If league isnt going to do anything about things this is bound to happen.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Could of been worse than it was but I really don't think the intent was there to injure as bad as it may of looked. A lot happened before that too.

See McDavids elbow... he also only got a 5k fine.

The way they do suspensions and fines in this league is a flip of the coin. They have no idea.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Guys, you can't swing your stick at a guy's face. If Hyman skates up to Pionk, winds up and punches him right in the face he's not getting a call from the DoPS. If you swing your stick at a guy's face, they're going to hit you with some form of discipline. Pionk being a little asshole before the swing happens has absolutely nothing to do with Hyman being assessed supplementary discipline. You have a dozen options for ways to retaliate on little pukes that aren't swinging your stick near their face. If you swing your stick at someone's face, you're risking supplemental discipline. If he swings his stick at hip height he gets 2 minutes and that's it. Stick at head height and he's getting discipline. This really isn't unfair or difficult to grasp.

Go ahead and bitch and whine about Dubois or Marchand or whatever if you have to, but I beg of you please have some dignity and try not to be completely unrelenting homers who need to defend Hyman for swinging his stick at a guy's face. He got a fine, he's not even going to sit a game. FFS.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Could of been worse than it was but I really don't think the intent was there to injure as bad as it may of looked. A lot happened before that too.

See McDavids elbow... he also only got a 5k fine.

The way they do suspensions and fines in this league is a flip of the coin. They have no idea.

What would be the intent of swinging a stick in the manner of a weapon?

Reactions: Cypruss

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Pionk didn't even get a penalty for the 2 hander. Hyman should have gotten a thank you note for showing that douche what can happen when you swing your stick at someone.

Reactions: PromisedLand

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Guys, you can't swing your stick at a guy's face. If Hyman skates up to Pionk, winds up and punches him right in the face he's not getting a call from the DoPS. If you swing your stick at a guy's face, they're going to hit you with some form of discipline. Pionk being a little asshole before the swing happens has absolutely nothing to do with Hyman being assessed supplementary discipline. You have a dozen options for ways to retaliate on little pukes that aren't swinging your stick near their face. If you swing your stick at someone's face, you're risking supplemental discipline. If he swings his stick at hip height he gets 2 minutes and that's it. Stick at head height and he's getting discipline. This really isn't unfair or difficult to grasp.

Go ahead and bitch and whine about Dubois or Marchand or whatever if you have to, but I beg of you please have some dignity and try not to be completely unrelenting homers who need to defend Hyman for swinging his stick at a guy's face. He got a fine, he's not even going to sit a game. FFS.

Agree with you on everything here.

Hyman should not have swung his stick, and he's lucky to get the $5K. He would have been better just to drop his gloves and absolutely feed that little puke Pionk. He would have gotten a lot more satisfaction, and thanks from others around the league because someone is going to absolutely speed-bag Pionk at the rate that he's going.

Having said that, if the DOPS is reviewing that sequence, Pionk should also be getting a phone call and warning for his behavior, but we all know that isn't going to happen, so Pionk is going to continue running around like a b!tch until he hurts someone, or, more likely, someone hurts him back....... hard, and it is going to happen.

DOPS could get in front of stuff like this, but they don't and then we have these situations where players take it into their own hands to deal with, and then the DOPS punishes them for it. If they got it right on the ice and in subsequent discipline I think a lot of this is taken care of without escalation.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
If you fine one you have to fine both. If I was Hyman I would have stayed down and called the stretcher.

yort2010

Dec 28, 2016
if Simmonds won't fight people now after his injury, its time to sit him and put in someone who will stick up for his teammats.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
A fine is a joke to be honest.
A suspension had to be the outcome.
1 game, maybe 2 games.

A message must be sent to the players that slashing at people's heads is not acceptable.

At the same time, a message has got to be sent to the officials regarding this game management crap.
How on earth does an official watch what is going on in front of the net and not call a dozen penalties?
How can someone watch this and not think "hmmm, this is going to get ugly here if I don't step in and put a stop to it?"
And then, when the shit hits the fan, how is the official not held responsible for the escalation?

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
if Simmonds won't fight people now after his injury, its time to sit him and put in someone who will stick up for his teammats.

I feel like every tough guy who comes suddenly stops playing that style as much as they used to on other teams. Clifford is the other example I was thinking of specifically.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's an ok start but he should be much dirtier by this point, hopefully Foligno rubs off a little.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

:clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: Pandemonia

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
A fine is a joke to be honest.
A suspension had to be the outcome.
1 game, maybe 2 games.

A message must be sent to the players that slashing at people's heads is not acceptable.

At the same time, a message has got to be sent to the officials regarding this game management crap.
How on earth does an official watch what is going on in front of the net and not call a dozen penalties?
How can someone watch this and not think "hmmm, this is going to get ugly here if I don't step in and put a stop to it?"
And then, when the shit hits the fan, how is the official not held responsible for the escalation?

I think it was probably only a fine due to the poor officiating. The referees failed to de-escalate the situation so he got off relatively easy.

Reactions: ULF_55

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Not that I think he should be fined, but 5k fine? Really? The fine system for the NHL is an utter joke.

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->