Recalled/Assigned: Hyka/Matteau again

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah if Hyka is back Monday afternoon it makes no difference. Not going to worry about Matteau, if they actually play Reaves he gets his spot.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hyka and Perri are the two from the wolves that I think could really help Tuch on the 3rd line. I hope Hyka is back later next week and Perri gets a chance. They have buried Garrison most of the year. I haven't seen Eakins deal but I'm sure they could waive him then send him to Chicago. No one is picking him up off waivers at his contract.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I agree this is probably the time you could pass Eakin through waivers but there are other considerations. Do that to a veteran and you cause a lot of animosity and concern the other vets. If it was last year of a deal you can sell the move but not this much term left. You are basically threatening years in the minors. You basically are going to lose the player. Seeing that they will have to use him at times, if not regularly, they just can't do that even if he's clearly not living up to hopes to this point.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Reaves got roster spot by putting Neal on IR. So only one of them needed to be assigned for Neal to be activated.

So, could be something else is coming.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Theodore was also just out with the flu.

I think we're looking a little too deeply into the whole assignment thing. You're going to want Theodore in the Kings games.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hyka and Perri are the two from the wolves that I think could really help Tuch on the 3rd line. I hope Hyka is back later next week and Perri gets a chance. They have buried Garrison most of the year. I haven't seen Eakins deal but I'm sure they could waive him then send him to Chicago. No one is picking him up off waivers at his contract.

Eakin is worlds better than Pirri. There is literally only one thing Brandon Pirri does well on a hockey rink and that is shoot the puck. He's terrible defensively, slow, and doesn't win board battles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->