Hybrid Icing in the USHL

Discussion in 'All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.' started by Jetsfan79, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Jetsfan79

Jetsfan79 Registered User

One of the arguments against hybrid icing in the NHL is that injuries can still occur especially if the forward beats out the defensemen. (Don Cherry also has this opinion)

I was just wondering if theres USHL statistics out there that show if any icing related injuries have occurred since they started the hybrid icing?

2. MNWild9

MNWild9 Registered User

From what Ive seen so far this year there hasnt been any injuires cause once the puck is touched the other team stops.

Only thing I dont care for the goalie playing the puck. I watched Sioux Citys goalie get run over three times in the first period against the Fargo Force. With one causing a fight because the goalie played the puck

3. No Fun Shogun

No Fun Shogun 34-38-61-10-13-15

Illegal Ill Eagle
    An unspecified place on Google Maps, apparently
    No clue, tbqh, but I'd likewise love to see stats for pre-hybrid and post-hybrid icing rules injury-rates as well.