HWBC holds 10th Fanniversary for the whalers leaving.

Hartford HockeyFan

Apr 14, 2006
Some people might be wondering how the momentum has shifted in Hartford with the firing of MSG, and according to some the soon return of the NHL. Well, last week the Whaler Booster Club had their 10 th Fanniversary. Here is a quote from their Booster Club President.

There were about 35-40 attendees and it was a fun evening. Disappointed that the DVD player wasn't working and we couldn't play the Whaler video of the Whalers beating the Rangers in 1997 -- that would have been great to see. Channel 3 covered the event with Marty Evtushek, Alan Looper and Al Victor getting interviewed. Very positive and upbeat interview. Kudos to Channel 3 and John Holtz (sp?). No players or speakers were present (as the CLub had to change the program) - but everyone had a great time. From 10 year olds to 60 year olds, all had fun remembering the Whalers and talking about the future.

"Hartford, like Chinese Food, better without MSG" quote of the night by Al.

Chants of "Let's Go Whalers" interspersed with "Bye, Bye, MSG" and "Let's Go Larry" heard all night.

Attendance and support for this event has dropped dramatically from 300 2 years ago, 100 last year and finally 35-40 people this year. I guess support for the NHL to come back isnt working as well as the HWBC had hoped. This is why the NHL will never return to Hartford.

Meanwhile, the Hartford Wolf Pack played before 5900 people on the same night. I guess we know people's allegiances in the state of CT and the city of Hartford.

Leave comments and thoughts. I would love to hear peoples reactions to the support that Hartford has :rolleyes:, or should I say lack of support :biglaugh:

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
I remember hockey games
played right here in my state
that’s where all the people came for their local team

those days are still around, unfortunately not in my state
support it can’t be found
it’s in the press, and now we’re all depressed

Bob Marley and the Hartford Whalers
are not around
have left town

imagine New York without the rangers
Philly without the flyers
no Detroit red wings

so go to games
support your team
and while you’re there ya buy ice cream
let em’ know you care
if everyone does their part
the team won’t break your heart

are not around
Quebec’s nordiques and the golden seals
have left town

the Rockies and the north stars
have both disappeared
so support your team, while we just dream
of our golden years

support your team!
let’s dream about our golden years!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Attendance and support for this event has dropped dramatically from 300 2 years ago, 100 last year and finally 35-40 people this year. I guess support for the NHL to come back isnt working as well as the HWBC had hoped. This is why the NHL will never return to Hartford.

Meanwhile, the Hartford Wolf Pack played before 5900 people on the same night. I guess we know people's allegiances in the state of CT and the city of Hartford.

Leave comments and thoughts. I would love to hear peoples reactions to the support that Hartford has :rolleyes:, or should I say lack of support :biglaugh:
bitter as you may be, there are a ton of whaler fans all over the country. i wouldve been there if i lived there still. mock it all you want, you cant change the way people feel about it. just because no one goes to the bring em back rally doesnt mean people wouldnt support it. the fact that people even show up at all 10 YEARS later is pretty impressive. i think youre a sad person.

whaler fans hate the wolf pack. deal with it. they will not be missed.

comparing the amount of whaler fans to wolf pack fans is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->