Hutchinson

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't think Jets are going to let him go. The previous seasons partly fell on the goaltending issues, the uneven Pavelec caused plenty of fan frustration, and now Mason has shown himself to not be the answer they were looking for off-season.

The Jets have the window opening and the playoffs awaiting. Helle/Hutch both lighting up right now is a godsend.

But, he's UFA after this season. Totally unproven for starter obviously, or even a NHL backup really, though. I don't know if Jets think that he is staying after the summer, but even if he isn't, the asking price in a trade now will be something solid in the lower D department, not picks/prospects.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
i don't think the jets are going to have a choice to keep him, but it's still optimistic to think he's an upgrade over what we presently have. the situation in pittsburgh is much more interesting to me based on our relationship with their front office. casey desmith has been fantastic for the pens over a small sample and tristan jarry has been also. jarry is younger with more upside and as such is a more logical backup for them going forward, but desmith is really saving their bacon right now.

seems like a likely outcome for the jets is buying out mason, giving hellebuyck the big contract he's earning and probably let hutchinson back up or split starts depending on how hellebuyck progresses. mason is done like dinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad