Injury Report: Hutchinson has a concussion

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The masks should actually not cause concussions due to a puck hitting it, right? Otherwise we'd have concussed goalies every few games.

Mask design probably needs to be looked at. This really can't be acceptable.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
I love Comrie, but in a situation like this where Helle is gonna be playing anyway why not bring up Phillips to ride the pine and have Comrie carry the load for the Moose. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Umm.... if (god forbid) Helle gets injured 3 minutes into the game on Friday and we need to use a goalie in a meaningful divisional game - that’s why.

You’re only a backup until suddenly you’re not...

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Umm.... if (god forbid) Helle gets injured 3 minutes into the game on Friday and we need to use a goalie in a meaningful divisional game - that’s why.

You’re only a backup until suddenly you’re not...
Exactly..this injury if it is long term is more significant than people might think. I feel much better with Hutch being the backup than Comrie at this stage of his career.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I like that stroll. It’s like he owns the joint.

biDFHU0.gif

Reactions: Aggie204 and SUX2BU

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Well...certainly being tested by injuries lately.
Hope Hutch and Mason recover soon and fully.
Obviously the league and the club is taking this issue very seriously.
Kudos

Reactions: Kgame

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The masks should actually not cause concussions due to a puck hitting it, right? Otherwise we'd have concussed goalies every few games.

Mask design probably needs to be looked at. This really can't be acceptable.

Only so much you can do with redirecting force at this point. Hopefully we can get to a point where helmet design is able to distribute the force around or away from the head.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
My son had 3 concussions by his 14th bday, his first one from bumping into his coach while skating backwards, second a body check and third a cross check while driving the net and hit his head on the crossbar . **** happens and everyone is different. We had a long talk with him and all decided together that local hockey was the way to go from here on in to limit any potential long term damage.

Kind of makes me wonder if I had a bunch of concussions playing football in the 80s and 90s and just never knew it?

I don't remember ever "getting my bell rung" in hockey or any impacts to the head, but football was constant hits to the head and definitely seeing stars a few times. Kind of makes one wonder since there was not the awareness back then.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I love Comrie, but in a situation like this where Helle is gonna be playing anyway why not bring up Phillips to ride the pine and have Comrie carry the load for the Moose. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

What if Helle gets run in the first period and has to leave the game? You want Phillips for the Jets? I don't

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Kind of makes me wonder if I had a bunch of concussions playing football in the 80s and 90s and just never knew it?

I don't remember ever "getting my bell rung" in hockey or any impacts to the head, but football was constant hits to the head and definitely seeing stars a few times. Kind of makes one wonder since there was not the awareness back then.

There is definitely more awareness now than there was when I was a kid. Some people are more just susceptible to them I’m thinking.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Ugh. Comrie isn't ready. Need to stop the madness at practice.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

I hear you, got clotheslined once real good, continued playing but felt like throwing up after.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As a former goalie , never pro or anything , i had 3 masks actually break and crack from slap shots . Some guys could really fire the puck and that's not pro slap shots . I can just imagine how hard the pros shoot the puck , scary . :eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad