Recalled/Assigned: Hutch Recalled, Lowry on IR

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Either Mason or Hutch traded likely

No need to recall Hutch for a trade. In fact that would be a net negative for the team who would be receiving Hutch in a trade. Right now he has 30 day waiver exemption, which would carry over to another team. However each day up in the NHL and that exemption gets used up.

It's because Mason is sick is all. He'll go back down tmw or Sunday.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I was hoping to see Mason tomorrow, not sure if this changes the plan of not playing Helle tomorrow? Maybe if Helle plays good and gets the W in Chicago they just play him B2B before the bye week anyways. I wouldn't mind seeing Hutch get a game

I never really liked the idea of Helle B2B for these two unless he has a really light night tonight.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I was hoping to see Mason tomorrow, not sure if this changes the plan of not playing Helle tomorrow? Maybe if Helle plays good and gets the W in Chicago they just play him B2B before the bye week anyways. I wouldn't mind seeing Hutch get a game
I can see Hutch as a possibility tomorrow if Helly has a heavy workload tonight.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Pretty sure the plan was to play a Helle in both remaining games. Maurice has said a few times he doesn't have a problem playing a goalie in B2B games as long is it's not a 3 in four nights situation. Mason playing against the Sabres eliminated that.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hutch is an upgrade as Mason is so bad

If Hellebuyck ever gets hurt and we are relying on Mason we are totally f***ed.

Bad idea. An injury to Hellebuyck and the Jets are in big trouble. I think Mason can get the job done. I have no confidence in Comrie at this stage, and Hutch is a big question mark.

Reactions: TheGovernment

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Pretty sure the plan was to play a Helle in both remaining games. Maurice has said a few times he doesn't have a problem playing a goalie in B2B games as long is it's not a 3 in four nights situation. Mason playing against the Sabres eliminated that.

Sigh, this is just a dumb attitude to have from Maurice. There's very little reason to ever play a goalie in a B2B situation. They only time it should happen, IMO, is if it's playoffs or if you are running like a Hellebuyck-Jamie Phillips tandem due to injuries. Otherwise coaches should never ever put themselves in a situation where a goalie plays B2B games.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->