HUT Thread: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Selling my P.Kane to get a Gaborik + like 100k for a 4th line center, as my 4l center has been bad for me.

But as of right now

Zetterberg-HFC Toews-HUTL Kessel
Benn-Gretzky-P. Kane
Pacioretty-Bergeron-Duchene
Marleau-Getzlaf-Hossa

Keith-Seabrook
Karlsson-Subban
Phaneuf-Suter

Rinne

your 4th line, is worth more then my top line.. LOL
Edit: ever try Burns? id reccomend him over patches if possible

Bkennedy*

your 4th line, is worth more then my top line.. LOL
Edit: ever try Burns? id reccomend him over patches if possible

Really? Pacioretty might be my point leader lol. He seems to be the ONLY one that actually catches passes on cross-creases.

Though he might have set a record for ugliest goals/weirdest goals ever, though. Seems to get a stupid goal every other game.

Will try him out, though.

Yeah, I do like my 4th line a lot. I have just been hating Getzlaf. Try to mostly just use 4th line as PK, but Marleau has a good shot, and Hossa is pretty good himself.

Getzlaf has just been slow and can't win a faceoff to save his life, unacceptable for PK.

Now that I have my lineup, I'm gonna try to borrow collections until I have enough to replace my Karlsson for a Chara.

Brnnnn

Oct 26, 2011
Newfoundland
Selling my P.Kane to get a Gaborik + like 100k for a 4th line center, as my 4l center has been bad for me.

But as of right now

Zetterberg-HFC Toews-HUTL Kessel
Benn-Gretzky-P. Kane
Pacioretty-Bergeron-Duchene
Marleau-Getzlaf-Hossa

Keith-Seabrook
Karlsson-Subban
Phaneuf-Suter

Rinne
Unreal team

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Anything particular you need help with? Something you find the AI is doing too often/ not enough?

I don't really know what to do when I play against someone that holds the puck in their own zone and makes me chase. It seems that even with an aggressive forecheck it's too easy for them to do laps in their own zone to "run clock".

I also notice that I seem to give up the neutral zone too easy leading to easy entry into my zone, while playing others it's more of a headache for me to gain the zone.

I just want to get an idea of what people are using for strategies that are successful in the top 4 or so divisions. I am pretty good defensively but I would say I average about 3 goals per game so it is usually a grind winning games. Any offensive tips would be appreciated as well.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I seem to bounce between divisions 2-3 and with particularly bad runs 4 :(

I get somewhat fed up with the AI at times and am just in general wondering what strategies people are running with.

Bkennedy*

I don't really know what to do when I play against someone that holds the puck in their own zone and makes me chase. It seems that even with an aggressive forecheck it's too easy for them to do laps in their own zone to "run clock".

I also notice that I seem to give up the neutral zone too easy leading to easy entry into my zone, while playing others it's more of a headache for me to gain the zone.

I just want to get an idea of what people are using for strategies that are successful in the top 4 or so divisions. I am pretty good defensively but I would say I average about 3 goals per game so it is usually a grind winning games. Any offensive tips would be appreciated as well.

With the strategies I posted, 3 goals should be enough to win. Play the trap (1-4 neutral zone), and just hold that line and collapse towards the net to prevent cross-creases (what scores most goals in this game).

If someone is just ragging the puck and skating circles in their own zone, poke check/going for the body both should work, might need to bring two forwards up if they're intentionally wasting time. Worst case scenario they should get tired and lead to a dangerous turnover.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Current roster:

E. Kane(boosted) - Bergeron (A)- Hossa
Landeskog(boosted) - Duchene (C) - Kessel
Paccioretty - Kesler (A) - Benn (C-RW card)
Eriksson - Helm - Grabner

OEL (Boosted) - S. Jones (HFC)(Boosted)
Mcdonagh - Bogosian
Bouwmeester - Seabrook

Rinne
(scrub)

Any lineup suggestions?

I have about 400k pucks

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Current roster:

E. Kane(boosted) - Bergeron (A)- Hossa
Landeskog(boosted) - Duchene (C) - Kessel
Paccioretty - Kesler (A) - Benn (C-RW card)
Eriksson - Helm - Grabner

OEL (Boosted) - S. Jones (HFC)(Boosted)
Mcdonagh - Bogosian
Bouwmeester - Seabrook

Rinne
(scrub)

Any lineup suggestions?

I have about 400k pucks

Burnsy for landeskog imo

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
so im lending with some guy an my team name is PriceIsGod right ? some guy made a fake account named Prlceisgod, specifically listed a bronze contract up at the same price where using to try and snag my cards LOL. luckily i noticed.. thats funny tho.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Were you the dude that talked to my brother (Audronan) yesterday about helping my buddy on Xbox?

Hey, Dylonus, were you a guy who I lent couple of NHL collection couple of weeks back? I believe we are PSN friends aswell?

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
so im lending with some guy an my team name is PriceIsGod right ? some guy made a fake account named Prlceisgod, specifically listed a bronze contract up at the same price where using to try and snag my cards LOL. luckily i noticed.. thats funny tho.

Yet another hilarious attempt at stealing cards. :help:

Good trading with you.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Holla y'all!

I've had good lending session with a bunch of ppl lately. I'd like to lift couple of guys and vouche them.

Yesterday evening user DonutLee, contacted me about lending. He had never done it before so we trained the process with my Abbotsford. Seemed like ok guy, and I lent him Anaheim aswell. Got everything back, and it was shame I had to quit because girlfriend yelled me being up so late, lol. :laugh:

Today morning I had 3h session with username tututooter21. Lent him STL and a bunch of AHL teams. Everything went great except a little mistake but it was minor problem and he offered to solve it straight after we found out it. Great guy all in all! Thumbs up for these two.

If you find that you should be mentioned like these two then contact me to make vouches, I might have forgotten to say good things about someone he deserves it.

- - -

I'm still trying to get C.Price. There was one up for 250k when I left the house. Sadly, the auction ends before I get back to home. I have low hopes that the price won't raise too much. I made a trade offer of 240k + E.Staal, so if the price stucks somewhere in the 260-270 the guy should accept my trade for maximum selling price.

- - -

Lastly, good guys out there. I'm talking about JaredCowenFan, Dpeeezy, leafsfan1992, HabsTPS... Have you done Minnesota already? I am actually lacking only Pominville + the cheap guys, so might go and buy the rest of the team for lending purposes, if there are enough trustworthy guys who I can lend it to.

Pitboy43, sell me the scraps! You can keep Heatley, Koivu & Backström, aswell as Pominville if you want to make profit with him! 650/350 is my offer! :naughty:

Thanks man for trusting me at first and helping save my puck issue! :)

Woytkiw8

Oct 23, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Anyone lending nhl collections on ps3? I have decent collateral and have lent with people here before.

I can also lend out Hamilton and Lake Erie of the ahl, asking 1/3 (5k)

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Anyone lending nhl collections on ps3? I have decent collateral and have lent with people here before.
I'm not lending right now, but you can add me as a PSN friend for future cases!

PSN: mhart123 (put your hfboards username in the msg box)

I might be lending in 2,5h after I get off from work.

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
anyone wanna borrow on xbox? i have the following:
AHL (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Worcester

SHL (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Brynas
Farjestads
HV 71
Skelleftea

SM-liga (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Blues
HPK
Pelicans

CHL/ProspectTeams:
Red (you get 6K of the 10K Reward)
White (you get 14K of the 25K reward)

PM me

In total thats 92K For you! and i beleive 63 for me, this would cover my rookie team :)

Bump

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Thanks man for trusting me at first and helping save my puck issue! :)

NP, and that 40k was just a start! As I wrote to you that if you build good reputation there's a ******** ("massive amount") of pucks available from other users too. :nod:

Last edited:

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
That would be me :yo:

Aight! I'm just putting pieces together, as I and your brother have planned a lending session for quite some time now, but we are always online in the different times. Damn these time zones...

You and I could do some lending aswell in the future! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad