HUT Thread: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
12min toa avg, 5.5gpg, 48% pp. Not that I know glitches but it's way too easy to score in this game lol. I'm awful at defence, luckily the other team never touches the puck so it doesn't matter ;)

Are you on ps3? I'd like to play you, always enjoyed playing the better players, the only way to learn and improve

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
anyone wanna borrow on xbox? i have the following:
AHL (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Worcester

SHL (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Brynas
Farjestads
HV 71
Skelleftea

SM-liga (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Blues
HPK
Pelicans

CHL/ProspectTeams:
Red (you get 6K of the 10K Reward)
White (you get 14K of the 25K reward)

PM me

In total thats 92K For you! and i beleive 63 for me, this would cover my rookie team :)

Nobody? :(

BostonBruins77

Nov 8, 2013
Boston
Thinking of picking up Phaneuf for my D. Is the HL one worth it or will i be just fine with his regular card? Just curious because there is a big price difference and i notice some HL cards dont seem to help much.

Also who would be a good player to pair him with??

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Unless you find packs more fun, I'd say avoid packs entirely.....even promo packs.

If you already have enough pucks to buy a few packs, during promo periods, you can make a killing stocking and flipping players, and then just buy whoever you want within reason.

It was definitely just for fun and part of the reason that I wanted to try some packs was that I was getting low on contracts too and decided to try my luck and add some contracts along the way. I have a good amount of pucks and I make the majority of those pucks from working the market but I have had a few decent pulls from packs and decided to test my luck. The reason I was thinking I should've taken a promo pack this weekend was statistically you get more rares for the pucks you spend.

I already have the players that I want, I was just going to have some fun and decided I had had enough fun after that stinker of a pack.

Woytkiw8

Oct 23, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Are you on ps3? I'd like to play you, always enjoyed playing the better players, the only way to learn and improve

vxWoytkiw8xv add up :)

And same, I check the record the the person I play after every game lol. It's always nice to see you beat someone who's like 60-5, rather than someone who is 120-150...

Woytkiw8

Oct 23, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
What qualifies as a glitchy goal?

The top shelf shot at the hash mark?

I've never really bought the idea that people can win with glitchy goals. You just have to play defense, and shut down their ability to shoot there.

I've played some really good players who have wiped the floor with me, but I've noticed that a majority of player aren't very good at actually reading the game and playing based on that. They don't adjust their game accordingly to what I'm doing. If I play the trap, 99 percent of the time, the other guy won't play the dump and chase to counter it, even if they are getting almost no offense time. This type of player typically only has two ways of scoring, which are attempting to get into the slot to take a high shot, or attempting one timers, both of which are really easy to defend against if you see them coming.

I don't buy the idea of glitchy goals, because unless we're talking about a 1-0 game, if somebody can beat you by scoring multiple glitchy goals, you probably suck at defense or reading the game. If someone keeps going for the same glitchy goal, it's easy to defend against.

Calling people lucky is so stupid. Luck goes both ways. That, and if somebody is on a major undefeated streak, the likelihood of EVERY game being luck seems incredibly low.

The only 'glitches' I find hard to defend against are the ones off the faceoff, because it seems like I never switch to the right person. Now I just switch to the goalie if I lose, and fly to the short side lol

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Holla y'all!

I've had good lending session with a bunch of ppl lately. I'd like to lift couple of guys and vouche them.

Yesterday evening user DonutLee, contacted me about lending. He had never done it before so we trained the process with my Abbotsford. Seemed like ok guy, and I lent him Anaheim aswell. Got everything back, and it was shame I had to quit because girlfriend yelled me being up so late, lol. :laugh:

Today morning I had 3h session with username tututooter21. Lent him STL and a bunch of AHL teams. Everything went great except a little mistake but it was minor problem and he offered to solve it straight after we found out it. Great guy all in all! Thumbs up for these two.

If you find that you should be mentioned like these two then contact me to make vouches, I might have forgotten to say good things about someone he deserves it.

- - -

I'm still trying to get C.Price. There was one up for 250k when I left the house. Sadly, the auction ends before I get back to home. I have low hopes that the price won't raise too much. I made a trade offer of 240k + E.Staal, so if the price stucks somewhere in the 260-270 the guy should accept my trade for maximum selling price.

- - -

Lastly, good guys out there. I'm talking about JaredCowenFan, Dpeeezy, leafsfan1992, HabsTPS... Have you done Minnesota already? I am actually lacking only Pominville + the cheap guys, so might go and buy the rest of the team for lending purposes, if there are enough trustworthy guys who I can lend it to.

Pitboy43, sell me the scraps! You can keep Heatley, Koivu & Backström, aswell as Pominville if you want to make profit with him! 650/350 is my offer! :naughty:

I have el nino if you want! And it's sad I haven't lent you anything besides NYR to be considered a "good guy" sorry about that haha

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
And it's sad I haven't lent you anything besides NYR to be considered a "good guy" sorry about that haha
I'm so sorry about that! I mean, that question was meant for the dudes who borrow stuff. I planned on putting you there but as you like to collect the teams yourself I didn't put you in the list!

Note to everyone: RangerGuru is da man to go when you're low on pucks! :nod:

Bkennedy*

Let's talk strategies...

What does everyone have their strategies set to?

What kind of player forces you to change your strategy to something else?

I'm at work so I don't remember what mine are set to.

I know I use an aggressive forecheck, umbrella PP. That's about all I can remember right now lol. Looking for some help on this.

1-2-2 Aggressive forecheck

1-4 Neutral zone

Forecheck set closer to NZ than forecheck

Umbrella PP
Passive box PK

Crash the net on offense.

Bkennedy*

I'll borrow those tonight if you don't mind?

In general: Looking to borrow collections tonight on 360 after work. (get off at 6pm central)

Need all collections, new team. Have borrowed NYI from islesfan on this board.

If I absolutely need to, I have up to 3 million in collateral, but I'm pretty sure I'm trustworthy.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
I'm so sorry about that! I mean, that question was meant for the dudes who borrow stuff. I planned on putting you there but as you like to collect the teams yourself I didn't put you in the list!

Note to everyone: RangerGuru is da man to go when you're low on pucks! :nod:

ah makes sense! yeah I finished my 70th collection yesterday and I'm 4 players away from finishing 3 more collections

If you want the notorious silver El Nino let me know

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
ah makes sense! yeah I finished my 70th collection yesterday and I'm 4 players away from finishing 3 more collections

If you want the notorious silver El Nino let me know
Sure, actually name your price and hit me PM.

- - -

For couple of days I have had this strange noice inside my head telling me that I want Ovie... :rolleyes:

- - -

And about that being a "good guy". I didn't mean that everyone else is not trustworthy or stuff, my point was, that if these guys who I mentioned asked me to lend Penguins (if I had them), I'd send the team for them in a heartbeat, without asking collaterals. RangerGuru goes to that category aswell. As does Pitboy.

...ok heartbeat was a little strong, like anything happens in heartbeat because OF THOSE FFFFF SLOW MENUS. :D

But you get my point.

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
I'll borrow those tonight if you don't mind?

In general: Looking to borrow collections tonight on 360 after work. (get off at 6pm central)

Need all collections, new team. Have borrowed NYI from islesfan on this board.

If I absolutely need to, I have up to 3 million in collateral, but I'm pretty sure I'm trustworthy.

sure, pm me when your good to go

Bkennedy*

Hmm... my 2nd line is Benn-Gretzky-P. Kane

anyone think I should turn my P. Kane into a Gaborik? I've had a feeling yes lately. Because Kane has been baddddddddd.

Bkennedy*

hows benn been?

Honestly, even in my superstar lineup he's consistently been my best player, which is awesome considering he's my favorite player in real life.

Big body, can't be knocked off the puck, blows people up on a dump and chase or whatever, and a lethal shot.

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Honestly, even in my superstar lineup he's consistently been my best player, which is awesome considering he's my favorite player in real life.

Big body, can't be knocked off the puck, blows people up on a dump and chase or whatever, and a lethal shot.

whats your lineup right now?

Habsfan09

Oct 5, 2013
Let's talk strategies...

What does everyone have their strategies set to?

Left-wing lock, behind the net all day.

What kind of player forces you to change your strategy to something else?

Guys who cycle back to their d-men & step-up for clappers... I switch to full aggression, open up the slot and force them to play me 1v1

I'm at work so I don't remember what mine are set to.

I know I use an aggressive forecheck, umbrella PP. That's about all I can remember right now lol. Looking for some help on this.

Anything particular you need help with? Something you find the AI is doing too often/ not enough?

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
I'm looking to borrow collections on Xbox today.

Looking for:
BOS, CHI, DET, LA, MTL, NSH, NYR, PHI, PIT, STL, TB, TOR, WSH
Entire AHL
Entire SM-Liiga
Entire DEL
Entire Extraliga

PM me to set something up. Have plenty of collateral if necessary, been trading here for a while so I'm pretty quick by now and trusted by many here.

Bkennedy*

whats your lineup right now?

Selling my P.Kane to get a Gaborik + like 100k for a 4th line center, as my 4l center has been bad for me.

But as of right now

Zetterberg-HFC Toews-HUTL Kessel
Benn-Gretzky-P. Kane
Pacioretty-Bergeron-Duchene
Marleau-Getzlaf-Hossa

Keith-Seabrook
Karlsson-Subban
Phaneuf-Suter

Rinne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad