HUT Thread: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezanator

Oct 22, 2013
Anyone got any ideas to what causes my account from being disconnected from the EA servers when choosing the Buy Now option?

Tried multiple cards, rebooting PS3/router, removing every player from my roster.. still no luck.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Holla y'all!

I've had good lending session with a bunch of ppl lately. I'd like to lift couple of guys and vouche them.

Yesterday evening user DonutLee, contacted me about lending. He had never done it before so we trained the process with my Abbotsford. Seemed like ok guy, and I lent him Anaheim aswell. Got everything back, and it was shame I had to quit because girlfriend yelled me being up so late, lol. :laugh:

Today morning I had 3h session with username tututooter21. Lent him STL and a bunch of AHL teams. Everything went great except a little mistake but it was minor problem and he offered to solve it straight after we found out it. Great guy all in all! Thumbs up for these two.

If you find that you should be mentioned like these two then contact me to make vouches, I might have forgotten to say good things about someone he deserves it.

- - -

I'm still trying to get C.Price. There was one up for 250k when I left the house. Sadly, the auction ends before I get back to home. I have low hopes that the price won't raise too much. I made a trade offer of 240k + E.Staal, so if the price stucks somewhere in the 260-270 the guy should accept my trade for maximum selling price.

- - -

Lastly, good guys out there. I'm talking about JaredCowenFan, Dpeeezy, leafsfan1992, HabsTPS... Have you done Minnesota already? I am actually lacking only Pominville + the cheap guys, so might go and buy the rest of the team for lending purposes, if there are enough trustworthy guys who I can lend it to.

Pitboy43, sell me the scraps! You can keep Heatley, Koivu & Backström, aswell as Pominville if you want to make profit with him! 650/350 is my offer! :naughty:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Holla y'all!

I've had good lending session with a bunch of ppl lately. I'd like to lift couple of guys and vouche them.

Yesterday evening user DonutLee, contacted me about lending. He had never done it before so we trained the process with my Abbotsford. Seemed like ok guy, and I lent him Anaheim aswell. Got everything back, and it was shame I had to quit because girlfriend yelled me being up so late, lol. :laugh:

Today morning I had 3h session with username tututooter21. Lent him STL and a bunch of AHL teams. Everything went great except a little mistake but it was minor problem and he offered to solve it straight after we found out it. Great guy all in all! Thumbs up for these two.

If you find that you should be mentioned like these two then contact me to make vouches, I might have forgotten to say good things about someone he deserves it.

- - -

I'm still trying to get C.Price. There was one up for 250k when I left the house. Sadly, the auction ends before I get back to home. I have low hopes that the price won't raise too much. I made a trade offer of 240k + E.Staal, so if the price stucks somewhere in the 260-270 the guy should accept my trade for maximum selling price.

- - -

Lastly, good guys out there. I'm talking about JaredCowenFan, Dpeeezy, leafsfan1992, HabsTPS... Have you done Minnesota already? I am actually lacking only Pominville + the cheap guys, so might go and buy the rest of the team for lending purposes, if there are enough trustworthy guys who I can lend it to.

Pitboy43, sell me the scraps! You can keep Heatley, Koivu & Backström, aswell as Pominville if you want to make profit with him! 650/350 is my offer! :naughty:

Do it up man! Still havent done Minny so the 1/3 is all yours :)

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
getting an error code on my xbox "80151909E" wont let me connect online. WTF i cant live without hut :shakehead

Edit: who knew the problem would fix itself by setting my profile to lead profile in NHL..

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
rookie team is IMPOSSIBLE, i cant score and your goalie sucks complete ass

Gibson is yet to have a single game he lets in less then 4..

BostonBruins77

Nov 8, 2013
Boston
Took the advice from the board here and got a totw Chimera the other day. Put him on my 4th line and pk. Needless to say he's working out great.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Took the advice from the board here and got a totw Chimera the other day. Put him on my 4th line and pk. Needless to say he's working out great.

Yeah he is amazing. Chimera injured 2 of the other teams players in one game on the pk so hes a beast. If you want another great penalty killer, go for Bergeron HFC. He would be a perfect player on the third line, amazing on faceoffs, great discipline

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I was having a bit of trouble offensively, losing a lot of games 1-0, 2-1, etc. But my defense has been mostly stellar.

Finally clicked with my offense last night. Swept Div 4 by going 6-0 in order to advance to Div 3.

It was also my first time encountering butt hurt players. The only post game PMs I've received until before yesterday were the rare GG, or somebody thinking they could convince me to trade a Karlsson for a Luongo.....Last night, 4 PMs in a row.

Aside from one, which accused me of having some mystical cheat codes after the person rage quit due to being down 4-0 with plenty of time to go in the second period, three people called me "lucky".

On a side note, I really wish they'd add an ARE YOU SURE confirmation to consumables in the line up screen. It seems like common sense to have that. I was updating my roster's contracts, which are usually the first card to show, and when clicking on my Karlsson I accidentally hit a RD-LD card and changed his position. It's not a huge deal, because he's still a right shot, but it's a bit annoying that I'll now have to shell out for a LD-RD card eventually if I ever want to sell him.

dammit100

Nov 5, 2009
Raleigh, NC
pulled 2 TOTW Hossa last week; one from the Wednesday promo and one from a mega pack yesterday. Only opened 5 packs, so I'll damn sure take it.

Also, picked up J Rask from NSH for 2k BIN. What does he usually go for?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I'm just saying that if you have a record like that you're either scoring glitchy goals or the luckiest person in the world.

What qualifies as a glitchy goal?

The top shelf shot at the hash mark?

I've never really bought the idea that people can win with glitchy goals. You just have to play defense, and shut down their ability to shoot there.

I've played some really good players who have wiped the floor with me, but I've noticed that a majority of player aren't very good at actually reading the game and playing based on that. They don't adjust their game accordingly to what I'm doing. If I play the trap, 99 percent of the time, the other guy won't play the dump and chase to counter it, even if they are getting almost no offense time. This type of player typically only has two ways of scoring, which are attempting to get into the slot to take a high shot, or attempting one timers, both of which are really easy to defend against if you see them coming.

I don't buy the idea of glitchy goals, because unless we're talking about a 1-0 game, if somebody can beat you by scoring multiple glitchy goals, you probably suck at defense or reading the game. If someone keeps going for the same glitchy goal, it's easy to defend against.

Calling people lucky is so stupid. Luck goes both ways. That, and if somebody is on a major undefeated streak, the likelihood of EVERY game being luck seems incredibly low.

BostonBruins77

Nov 8, 2013
Boston
Yeah he is amazing. Chimera injured 2 of the other teams players in one game on the pk so hes a beast. If you want another great penalty killer, go for Bergeron HFC. He would be a perfect player on the third line, amazing on faceoffs, great discipline

I do have hfc bergeron on my third line and pk and he is great. I also have hfc ladd on fourth line and pk and he is a beast, he destoys people and he can score as well.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Made a decent amount on steals from this weekend, so I decided to try my luck on some packs last night. I usually only buy the Premium Golds (8,750 packs) but I tried a Jumbo to see what I would get...

Out of the 7 rares you are supposed to receive in Jumbos, I got 5 rare jerseys, 1 rare Training card and 1 rare coach...

Even though I'm not sure how the next pack could be worse, I decided I was done after that. I should've just bought a promo pack when they were out. :rant:

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
anyone wanna borrow on xbox? i have the following:
AHL (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Worcester

SHL (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Brynas
Farjestads
HV 71
Skelleftea

SM-liga (you get 9K of the 15K Reward):
Blues
HPK
Pelicans

National League (you get 12K of the 21K reward):
Geneve-Servette

CHL/ProspectTeams:
Red (you get 6K of the 10K Reward)
White (you get 14K of the 25K reward)

PM me

In total thats 104K For you! and i beleive 72 for me, this would cover my rookie team :)

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Made a decent amount on steals from this weekend, so I decided to try my luck on some packs last night. I usually only buy the Premium Golds (8,750 packs) but I tried a Jumbo to see what I would get...

Out of the 7 rares you are supposed to receive in Jumbos, I got 5 rare jerseys, 1 rare Training card and 1 rare coach...

Even though I'm not sure how the next pack could be worse, I decided I was done after that. I should've just bought a promo pack when they were out. :rant:

Unless you find packs more fun, I'd say avoid packs entirely.....even promo packs.

If you already have enough pucks to buy a few packs, during promo periods, you can make a killing stocking and flipping players, and then just buy whoever you want within reason.

There are a lot of 10k+ cards that drop to half their value, and then recover a few days later. It's an easy 5-10k a card. You've got a trade pile of 30, but so long as you don't use Buy It Now, you can store as many completed auctions as you want in your auction list.

I'm not sure how many promo periods they have, but you can easily net 100-200k profit doing this per promo period. It's good if you already have lots of pucks, but don't have time to grind away on the market, because you can put a total of 2 hours between games and doing other things into searching for the cards, and then just leave them up at their real value for days at a time in your trade pile for when they eventually recover.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Let's talk strategies...

What does everyone have their strategies set to?

What kind of player forces you to change your strategy to something else?

I'm at work so I don't remember what mine are set to.

I know I use an aggressive forecheck, umbrella PP. That's about all I can remember right now lol. Looking for some help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad