HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Is it me or are gold players expensive?

It's just like this at the beginning. All the players selling for 20-30k now will be 2-3k in a month or two.

Is there any strategies to complete the objectives? It seems like draft champions is a waste. The challenges vs the CPU seem good but to get 300 stars is going to take a lifetime. Has anyone figured out whats the most worthwhile strategies?

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
It's just like this at the beginning. All the players selling for 20-30k now will be 2-3k in a month or two.

I actually disagree with this. There will definitely be a drop in high end player prices, but this year they won't magically lose 90% of their value in a month or two. There are couple of reasons for this:

First, it's the new TOTW rule. Ovechkin won't be 99 by december, because they can only earn +2 boost once a month (or was it once in two weeks?).

Secondly, the gold reroll will keep even all the scrubs somewhat valuable, because high end cards are so costly so ppl try to get them through the set upgrade, which leads rare scrubs being "inflated" and high end cards even more costly.

Let's face it, Crosby or McDavid won't just come down all of sudden from 150k to 50k, so gamers have to settle with your ordinary Seguins and Halls, so they will keep their value.

It's a matter of supply and demand, and to me the demand is WAY higher than supply atm.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Is there any strategies to complete the objectives? It seems like draft champions is a waste. The challenges vs the CPU seem good but to get 300 stars is going to take a lifetime. Has anyone figured out whats the most worthwhile strategies?

I've gotten around 160 stars so far. There's at least 200 you can earn which are on Rookie/Pro with an average team. Hoping to get to 200 tonight.

Need better players but costs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My team after 7 days. All 3 loyalty bonuses, pre-order bonus, standard edition (no Gretzky or Lafleur). No money spent on packs. * Denotes free cards BU denotes cards with Burner synergy.

Benn (84) - Getzlaf (83) - Carter (82)

*Cover Tarasenko (80) - Krejci (81) - Rakell (82 BU)

*Cover McDavid (80 BU) - *Cover Toews (80) - *Backes (81)

N.Ritchie (79 BU) - Dubinsky (79 BU) - Fischer (79 BU)

Werenski (82) - Pietrangelo (84)

Hanifin (81 BU) - Doughty (85)

Chara (81) - McAvoy (81)

Rask (82)

*BU bronze goalie

*3x BU Coach

Burner (BU) Synergy activated.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Here's my team. TOTW cards, defense and goalies are tradeable apart Ristolainen, which I got from the set upgrades, as rest of team aswell. Safe to say my luck has been good. I spent 20€ on packs yesterday and got TOTW Carter, Faulk and Larkin as exchange. Not planning on spending more. I have 150k on bank, but not sure what to buy... Guess I just keep on trading.

JdPaPhk.png

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
My team is fairly similar to the last two posts which makes me feel not as bad as I did before!
I picked up an 86 Mahovlich last night for 20k. He's noticeably better than all my other players.

Is there any value to holding on to Loan players? I did the trade in with Thornton and Naslund. But I'm holding Nieuwendyk, Boeser and a few others. Do you think it's worth holding on to in case they add another loan trade in?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My team is fairly similar to the last two posts which makes me feel not as bad as I did before!
I picked up an 86 Mahovlich last night for 20k. He's noticeably better than all my other players.

Is there any value to holding on to Loan players? I did the trade in with Thornton and Naslund. But I'm holding Nieuwendyk, Boeser and a few others. Do you think it's worth holding on to in case they add another loan trade in?

Well they did have a section built out for trading in Loan Players as sets, only the Thornton/Naslund set up so far. I see no reason to get rid of the loaner players, chances are at some point during the year we'll have a chance to cash them in for something.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori

I'm keeping them just incase.

Awesome avatar btw! ;)

Reactions: JohnnyBerts

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm keeping them just incase.

Awesome avatar btw! ;)

Haha thanks, you too!

About the loaners - I was going to trade them in for a gold collectible but when I tried it, it would say error adding to set, so I guess we have to keep the loaner cards.

So.. I was asking for strategies. My opinion is that the best value in HUT right now is buying 85/86 Alumni cards for 19-25k. Anyone have any better tips?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
right now I'm running

Kucherov (85) - LaFontaine (86) - Lafleur (85)
Marchand (84) - Gretzky (85) - Barzal (83)
Forsberg (83) - McDavid (80) - Eichel (83)
Tarasenko (80) - Toews (80) - Toffoli (80)

Daneyko (82) -Burns (84)
Chabot (80) - Ekblad (83)
Lindholm (81) - Green (81)

Hrudy/Dubnyk (82)

Have 100k in the bank, probably gonna splash some cash on a good LD soon, and need to also get a better goalie + get the cover item cards out of the lineup (besides Gretzky) as they aren't very good

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Don't understand why anyone would buy packs, especially Gold ones. They're really not worth it.

Once I finish the HUT Challenges I can see an issue in interest as there isn't much to do, especially if you're not a huge fan of online

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Wich of the 6 85 overall legends should I take with the choice pack?
I took Forsberg who is really good but from what I heard, Lafleur is definitely the one to go with.

Lafleur also has CS and PP synergies compared to Forsberg BE and DZ..

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
85 Johnny Bower is horrendous. FYI
I thought Billy Smith was even worse. It seems this year is the same as the last I played with goaltenders.. bigger goalies are better. Rinne has been a beast for me. I went to Talbot TOTW for the Burner synergy and I'd almost rather have Rinne in net without burner activated.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I thought Billy Smith was even worse. It seems this year is the same as the last I played with goaltenders.. bigger goalies are better. Rinne has been a beast for me. I went to Talbot TOTW for the Burner synergy and I'd almost rather have Rinne in net without burner activated.

Ya I know what you mean. So far my best goalie has been 80 Ben Bishop

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Talk about Rinne, just pulled him from rare reroll.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've opened a healthy amount of packs, through sets or rewards or whatever. And the only good pulls I've had were Kuznetsov, Barkov and Holtby (edit: and Letang!) through rerolls. I have no desire to buy any packs, all I get is garbage

Last edited:

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Cant see my buddies on the ranking lists and check out their teams. Anyone with the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad