Husso and Mikkola Get 2 Year Deals

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
That's good to know that there are no games played requirements. I'm not sure where I got such a specific figure stuck in my head on that.
We discussed that number a lot last year in relation to Binner. He would have hit UFA status had he not played in 30+ minutes for 30 total games last year (including playoffs). For a while after he won the net, there was some concern that he might only get 25 games or so and then be able to walk as a UFA. I'd guess those conversations stuck in the back of your mind.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
He's got a one-way $800,000 NHL contract. Therefore, the only choices are to play him in The NHL as Binnington's back-up, play him in The AHL, but at his NHL salary, or trade him. and trade for a veteran NHL back-up. I think it is most likely that Allen will be traded away early in The Blues' short off-season, or latest, at the draft. Husso will then be given the chance to "keep" his back-up position, and if he does well enough in pre-season, he'll start the season with The Blues. If NOT, he'll be sent down to San Antonio, and a veteran back-up will be signed of the street, or be acquired in a minor trade. I expect Husso to be The Blues' back-up next season.

I see what you did there...and 100% support that sentiment.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’d guess that our back end next year will be

Dunn-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk
Bortuzzo

Binnington
Husso

I’m assuming the one-way contract situation is kinda like when we gave MacEachern one for this year. Not necessarily a guarantee that they’ll make the team, but they will be on it if they don’t mess it up for themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad