Speculation: Hurricanes wanting to get "tough" this offseason?

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
I don't think they need to add toughness as that is on they way out , but instead add grit and hard to play against players.. guys that go to the dirty areas... Not really a need to trade for these players as they are available via free agency each year...

Reactions: DaveG

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They need a goalie and a few more finishers. Getting tough is... well, that's Chiarelli thinking.

Reactions: DaveG

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
The Canes do need toughness, but not fighting kind of toughness. They need a couple or three guys that are sore losers. They need a couple or three guys that are willing to stand up for a teammate (not really a goon, but just physical). They mainly need a couple or three guys that are willing to venture near the radioactive blue ice in front of the goal. They avoid that at all cost.

Maybe the radioactivite crease has affected the Canes goalies too.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Can we work around Matt Martin + Garrett Sparks (AHL Goalie of the year) for Pesce?

I know there would be a huge + (1st round +) but what would it take?

Edit:

Does 1st + Pesce for Martin + Nylander + Sparks sound like fair value for both teams?

Last edited:

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Can we work around Matt Martin + Garrett Sparks (AHL Goalie of the year) for Pesce?

I know there would be a huge + (1st round +) but what would it take?

Edit:

Does 1st + Pesce for Martin + Nylander + Sparks sound like fair value for both teams?

If the Canes make a move, any move, on the blue-line, it'll probably be a LHD. All our depth is LH, not RH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad