GDT: Hurricanes VS Maple Leafs | October 17th | 7:00PM | LeafsTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB
If we lose this game we beat Chicago. If we win this game, well, we still might beat Chicago, as they're not really firing on all cylinders to this point.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Something interesting:

TSN Radio ‏@TSN1050Radio 29m
Darren Dreger: If offered Nail Yakupov, he doesn't think the Leafs would give up James Reimer. Too much doubt over the fmr #1 pick so far

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Ugh, our forward lines look awfully thin offensively. Hopefully Reims pulls it out for us.

I'm gonna say we get outshot 39-17

...yet win 3-2.

GLG

Tyler Biggs*

Van Riemsdyk missing on the 1st line, Clarkson missing on the 2nd line, Kulemin missing on the 3rd line, McLaren missing on the 4th line, Fraser missing on defense. Let's wait until most of them are back before we hit any panic buttons. There's a lot of young guys on the team, you can't learn NHL level defense over night. All that matters is they're finding ways to win. Solid goaltending helps.

Only in Toronto would they start to panic with a 6-1 record knowing that half their team is injured. Ask the Sabres about panicking I'm sure they'd love to switch places with the Leafs.

Tyler Biggs*

Reimer will be starting. If he gets a good win it will really help to establish both goalies as number one. Forget the controversy - that's a great thing for a team to have.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That is just dumb. Dreger isn't that smart...

I'd trade Reimer for Yakupov in a second. I just wouldn't let Yakupov be on the Leafs for much...

Trade him again and try to acquire a #1C.

Yakupov will likely turn it around at some point, but no one has time for a small struggling Russian who can't get in a lineup. I feel like I'd have more sympathy for him if he didn't ditch Sarnia like a rockstar last year, or if he wasn't an Oiler, a fanbase that's been ridiculously arrogant the past few years while stocking up on these subpar first overall picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad