6'0, 150lb left handed center
Blainville-Brosbriand Armada QMJHL

Games Played 61
Goals 9
Assists 38
Points 47
Penalty Minutes 16
+11

He's a bit of a project in that he needs to put some weight on in a big way, but he was a solid player in the first half of the year. Was on a line with Alex Barre-Boulet to start the year but Drake Batherson was acquired his ice time fell off big time.

Last edited:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
really like this pick. we're at a point in our rebuild where we have an absolute glut of players who are locked in to turn professional or play at the ahl level for the next couple of years. we need to allow that situation to resolve itself so that we can get everyone the icetime they need to develop optimally. what the hurricanes did was basically select a bunch of players they can stash and develop away from the professional structure. drury needs to add weight and refine his game, so he's probably getting at least a couple of years at harvard. henman clearly needs to add weight, so he's probably going to get his overage season with that specific goal in mind. killinen will be playing professionally in finland and we have a couple of years before we have to consider signing him. all of these picks sort of kick the can down the road so that charlotte doesn't become overburdened with guys all at the same stage of development.

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
Just found this thread so sorry for being late to the party. If any of you want a little scouting report on Luke, voilà:

He's a very smart playmaker with good hands and an accurate shot. Opts to pass far more than to shoot, even when given a better shooting opportunity than a passing one. His passes showcase his knowledge.
Despite his size, he isn't afraid to play physically, though it is untrue to say that he is a physical player.
Defensively, he works hard. He isn't a lazy player, nor is he a lazy person. His mind is in a great place; he works hard and strives to be the best player he can be. Skating-wise, I'd say that he's above-average.
Last season, on a loaded team, he was trusted on faceoffs over guys like Alain and Barré-Boulet in key times. Also, if there was an injury on the 1st power play line, he was the call-up to that line. If not, he had a full-time role on the 2nd PP line.
I truly believe that he can be an effective NHL playmaker if he adds weight and keeps up his upward-projection.

Basically... Strengths:
-Great playmaker
-Smart
-Wins faceoffs
-Good hands
-Good off-ice mentality

Weaknesses:
-(obvs) Light
-Weak shot (as in not powerful)
-Lacks confidence in his shot
-Gets beat physically

Shmookpup

Aug 8, 2016
Thanks for the write-up on him! It's almost August and there's no other news so we'll consume anything here.

Is there any insight into his place in the lineup next season? I don't really follow any of major junior.
You're welcome! And I feel like if Drake Batherson returns to major junior, Henman will likely play 2nd line centre. If Drake makes Ottawa's roster, Luke's gonna have to settle for the 2nd line centre spot, with promotions to the 1st line if injuries occur to any of the first liners. His powerplay minutes should increase as well. I wouldn't be surprised to watch him become the centreman for the 1st PP line

Is this guys ceiling Danny Briere?
I'd say that's a fair assumption, sure.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Led Armada in scoring as 19-year-old but needs to be signed or re-enters the 2020 NHL Draft.

Did he do enough to earn an ELC?

Haven't heard anything on that front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad