Prospect Info: Hurricanes select C Jack Drury #42 OA

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If we sign Drury he has a decent shot to make the team next year. I think it's obvious that McGinn has priced himself out of town as a UFA, and I'm not as sold on Foegele as you all are. I kind of like Drury as a Foegs replacement, perhaps, and we can deal Foegs for a 2nd. That's not to mention Martinook will also probably walk.

In any event I'd like us to have not all 12 forward spots locked in next year. I want legit room for a rookie forward. On top of that, we might also want to get another top 9 for inevitable injuries like we have now. It's clear whoever plays with Necas/Niederreiter at wings gets a huge boost in play, and whoever has Martinook/McGinn/Foegs probably won't score that night but will constantly look like they are trying hard.:laugh:

Reactions: CanesFanBudMan

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
If Drury signs, the 4C spot is likely his to lose. I think they end up retaining at least 2 of McGinn, Foegele, Paquette and Martinook. Sprinkle in some Lorentz, and there’s a big portion of your bottom 6 next year.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I could see all (or at least 2) of McGinn, Paquette and Martinook moving on next year, depending how Geekie and Lorentz fair the rest of this season.

Of course, you all know how good I am with roster predictions so maybe they'll all be back.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
I could see all (or at least 2) of McGinn, Paquette and Martinook moving on next year, depending how Geekie and Lorentz fair the rest of this season.

Of course, you all know how good I am with roster predictions so maybe they'll all be back.
I agree although I don’t.

I think there will be a deal that we don’t see coming that changes all of this

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I agree although I don’t.

I think there will be a deal that we don’t see coming that changes all of this

No way they can keep all of Martinook, Foegele, Paquette and McGinn. That’s almost a whole Dougie Hamilton in cap space. However, I don’t think they let them all go. Personally, I think McGinn is the one I’d like to keep the most out of those 4.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
No way they can keep all of Martinook, Foegele, Paquette and McGinn. That’s almost a whole Dougie Hamilton in cap space. However, I don’t think they let them all go. Personally, I think McGinn is the one I’d like to keep the most out of those 4.
I agree with you, but he is also the most expensive of the four as well. I think the three UFAs walk and they resign RFA Foegele. Lorentz has already made Paq obsolete...no chance he gets signed.

Reactions: DaveG and Daeavorn

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I agree with you, but he is also the most expensive of the four as well. I think the three UFAs walk and they resign RFA Foegele. Lorentz has already made Paq obsolete...no chance he gets signed.

Yeah, McGinn and Foegele probably have the inside track on another Canes’ contract offer. I also think they may leave Foegele unprotected for Francis. That might at least make KrakenFrancis think twice about who to take out of Bean, Fleury, Skjei or Foegele.

Reactions: DaveG

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
An article with a passing mention (after translating) about Drury and contact with the Canes while he’s in the SHL:

Basically they’re happy with how he’s playing over there, no real specifics on when or if he’s planning on signing soon.

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
It's quite strange feeling. I have never liked McGinn much. But he's probably the one I'd keep too at the end of the day over Foegele, Paquette, Martinook.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I really like the pick back then and would hate to lose him... One of those all intangibles guy with great motor and high IQ, undereated two way game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad