Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes schedule

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Only two Sunday games, and both on the road. The majority of the schedule is definitely Tue/Thu. Of course, anyone who complains about this schedule is a moron. It's gonna suck for everyone, and at least there are going to be hockey games.

Reactions: MinJaBen

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Looks like I'm going to aim to my visit to meet my brother in Durham the weekend of 3/9 for the Devils game. Going to definitely pick up a pair of tickets for that.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm wondering if Fox will broadcast all the games??? Hope, hope, hope!!!

I think I heard they'd release the broadcast schedule sometime early next week. Even Forslund doesn't know yet or is being tight lipped:

John Forslund ‏@JohnForslund

"@JeremyMayhew30: @JohnForslund Do you know if all the games will be on FSN CAROLINAS ?"not sure yet.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Other tv wise news, Hurricanes don't get ONE game on either NBC or NBCSN while a team like the Devils get 8 or the Bruins and Rangers with 10. :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
It's a good thing I'm a STH and have my Tuesdays/Thursday classes end up at 7:15 over in SAS Hall.

Oh wait...

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Those earlier leaked sched.. seemed much more compressed.. Like I'm surprised the Canes get 4 days off at one point.

Still think it's a sprint this year and that should play in our favor.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
islanders, Devils, Rangers, Bruins games blacked out..and only one of the four I can actually get on my cable system.

I'm thinking GCL wont be worth it for me and ****** streams it is again this year.

Unless It was really cheap cause I like the Sharks too lol.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Wow. Draft day is going to be insane. Can't imagine the amount of movement all in one day.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

NHL draft will be June 30th. All 7 rounds.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Wow. Draft day is going to be insane. Can't imagine the amount of movement all in one day.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

NHL draft will be June 30th. All 7 rounds.

That's going to be nuts. Here's hoping I'm not working that day...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Assuming the weather is good you should get there early for tailgating.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

Any other suggestions for places to visit before/after a game in the area? It'll be my first time in the state, period, and my brother's first time attending a Canes game as he, his wife, and his daughter moved to Durham late summer/early fall, so they haven't had the chance to attend a game yet.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
When you start Saturday and are on a game every two days pace it kinda does make sense..

Not in a business sense of course but a "get the season in quickly" sense.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Jesus christ this is ****ing ********. 16 god damn Tuesday or Thursday games. The two days where I have rehearsals with the ****ing orchestra. Go **** yourself whoever came up with this ******** schedule. Go **** yourself with a pinecone sideways.

CaniacManiac

Oct 19, 2011
Jesus christ this is ****ing ********. 16 god damn Tuesday or Thursday games. The two days where I have rehearsals with the ****ing orchestra. Go **** yourself whoever came up with this ******** schedule. Go **** yourself with a pinecone sideways.

I feel your pain........the funny thing is I read your post all the way through without even having to think what words the stars were. It just came naturally.

Glad I gave up my season tickets as school nights just don't work for me with a 7 yr old. The original schedule supported his school schedule perfect but now not so much. Gonna be tough to put as*** in seats this season

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yeah, I usually don't get bent out of shape like that, but that's one hell of a thing to wake up to.

I'll definitely be holding on to mine even if they'll be seeing limited use. By seasons end my orchestral season is over until the fall, and I'm betting the schedule is far more workable for the playoffs and next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad