Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VII - Cliff Pu and other shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
In an effort to do what was mentioned in another thread, I'm going to try to focus on some positives. Therefore...

NCAA Stats

View attachment 161483

WHL Stats

View attachment 161485

Discuss!

I don't mean to rain on the parade (or do I?) but someone mentioned that Evan Barratt is the guy Chicago drafted w/ our pick that sent us He who shall not be named.

Damn son. That hurts.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I don't mean to rain on the parade (or do I?) but someone mentioned that Evan Barratt is the guy Chicago drafted w/ our pick that sent us He who shall not be named.

Damn son. That hurts.
We drafted Slavin with the pick we got for trading Ponikarovski. It’s the circle of life.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Seems the team is pretty high on him, he played well in rookie camp. I think he’s got a Foegele level rise through the ranks possibility.
I can see the Foegele trajectory. However, from a production comparison he is pretty close to Ferland--who also played in Brandon. Yet Mattheos has a better defensive game, so I would compare him to Martinook. So I think the optimistic take is he can score like Ferland while forechecking and penalty killing like Martinook.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Boston College junior forward and former Cushing Academy standout David Cotton has been named the Hockey East Player of the Month for November after leading the league in goals (7) and points (11) last month with a pair of game-winners and a plus-7 rating.
Cotton was one point shy of matching his career-high point streak (7) before being held scoreless by Boston University on Saturday as the calendar turned to December. He put together a career-high goal scoring streak of five games last month from Nov. 3 to Nov. 23.
With 10 goals in 12 games this season, Cotton is the national leader in goals per game. He has already matched his career-high in goals (set as a rookie) and eclipsed his total from last year (9). The winger leads Hockey East in shots on goal per game (3.92) and sits fourth in points per game (1.25).
He is one of only four players nationally with a pair of four-point games and the only player in Hockey East with two. His first career multi-goal game was a hat trick Oct. 13 at Wisconsin, one of his three multi-goal performances this year.

Another steal?

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Who dis Melatonin guy they just called up?
Another Weasel from the House of Wonder of Sebastian Aho's dad, and TT's old radar partner from the victorious 2014 WJC. Might be Laine, might be Pulju so.

He's also a draft evader who got picked by Nashville in 2013 but he hid for five years in Europe to become a Cane instead. #lifechoices

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Another Weasel from the House of Wonder of Sebastian Aho's dad, and TT's old radar partner from the victorious 2014 WJC. Might be Laine, might be Pulju so.

He's also a draft evader who got picked by Nashville in 2013 but he hid for five years in Europe to become a Cane instead. #lifechoices
Speaking of Pulju, what’s up with him? I know the brains might not match the toolbox yet, but I’m asking more about his expectations and trajectory. I watched the game against the Blues and was reminded that he even exists. He has seemingly drifted off the radar

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Speaking of Pulju, what’s up with him? I know the brains might not match the toolbox yet, but I’m asking more about his expectations and trajectory. I watched the game against the Blues and was reminded that he even exists. He has seemingly drifted off the radar

It looks like McLellan was exactly the wrong coach for Pulju, and his development possibly was screwed up hard. Things may change now with Hitchcock, whose pretty much first thing to do as the head coach was to call up Pulju.

Ken Hitchcock gets it right on Jesse Puljujarvi: "If we expect to win… we need players like him"

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
2018-12-08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->