Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VII - Cliff Pu and other shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yeah, I guess that was intentional. Fans don't hit poo, so I briefly thought it wasn't. But now it is too late, and all is lost.
For full disclosure, I started the post as a legit and honest chastisement against mocking a man's name but then my eyes pick up the pun and my basic instincts took over. I looked at the abyss, and the abyss said: you wouldn't. And of course I would, because **** abyss.

Welcome to Canes, Cliff Pu, I'm sorry.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
As solid of prospects some of these guys are, the majority won't make it though. I only expect maybe a few guys out of the Zykov, Foegele, Saarela, Kuokkanen, Wallmark, Geekie, Pu, Mattheos, Roy, Gauthier, Luostarinen, etc group to make it as regular NHLers. It's a good thing to have options for now. If we truly have a logjam of NHL ready middle 6ers at some point by all means use them in a package to upgrade to a star level talent.
That's doing things the safe way. Not saying we should launch into risky propositions, but the way to make hay is to figure out which of those guys are going to bring home the bacon for your own team some day, and set them aside. Then, make the others available to teams who might think one prospect is the bee's knees. Step 3: Profit.

This is in contrast to hoarding all of your promising prospects so long that your personnel hierarchy prevents them from achieving their potential, and it's no longer a mystery whether or not they will become an NHL player.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
NHL prospect rankings: Top 50 players in NHL pipelines for 2018-19

Sporting News contributor has Alex Nedeljkovic ranked as the #35 prospect in the NHL one spot above 2018 #3 overall pick Jesper Kotkaniemi. I'll have a pinch of what he is having.
cocaine's+a+hell+of+a+drug.jpg

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
NHL prospect rankings: Top 50 players in NHL pipelines for 2018-19

Sporting News contributor has Alex Nedeljkovic ranked as the #35 prospect in the NHL one spot above 2018 #3 overall pick Jesper Kotkaniemi. I'll have a pinch of what he is having.
Man, as much as I think people have been underestimating Ned badly... I'm not even sure I'd have him in my top 100 prospects right now. 1 - goalies are frigin voodoo man so outside an absolute bluechipper I wouldn't have them in my top 50. 2 - even accounting for that, I'd say probably 10-15 at most goalies would be on any top 100 list. I don't currently rate him as one of the top 10 goalie prospects in the league.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Wheeler: The Top 50 drafted NHL prospects ranking, 2018...

3. Svechnikov
9. Necas
34. Fox

Unordered HMs: Foegele, Wallmark, McKeown, Bean, Kuokkanen from a list of 70 additional players

So 8 out of the top 120 prospects

And they’re missing Zykov, who I’d easily have in the top 120. Zykov is going to catch a lot of hockey fans off guard. I think he’s going to be relied on a lot this year because of the Skinner trade.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
And they’re missing Zykov, who I’d easily have in the top 120. Zykov is going to catch a lot of hockey fans off guard. I think he’s going to be relied on a lot this year because of the Skinner trade.

I'm not a subscriber anymore so I can't tell, but maybe Zykov missed the age cutoff since he turned 23 in May?

And it wouldn't be crazy for Gauthier to follow the same path as Zykov. Power forwards take longer. I'm not even a little concerned about him, yet.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm not a subscriber anymore so I can't tell, but maybe Zykov missed the age cutoff since he turned 23 in May?

And it wouldn't be crazy for Gauthier to follow the same path as Zykov. Power forwards take longer. I'm not even a little concerned about him, yet.
He claimed players have to be “23 and under” but then went on to explain that Dylan Sikura was left off the list because he turned 23 in June. He also said players that are approaching 23 who spent the end of the year in the NHL and look like they’ll be back (Kapanen and Dermott) were excluded as well. Either way, age was probably why he wasn’t listed

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The way he stepped up in the back half of last season I think Goat takes a nice step forward next year. Couple new top 6 spots in Charlotte are open: Zykov will be on the Canes, Miller went elsewhere, possibly Wallmark takes a spot as well.

If McLovin isn’t in the NHL I’d like to see them deploy he-Roy-GOAT against the opposing teams top line.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Bridgeburner96

Jan 20, 2015
Steve Kournianos ranked us as having the 4th best prospect pool. Didn’t include Bean in our top 10.

This is the same guy who’s strangely in love with Ned, calling him a future #1 and ranking him ahead of Kotkaniemi in his recent top 50 prospects article.

NHL farm system rankings: Best, worst prospect pipelines for 2018-19, from 1 to 31
Aside, from what he said about Ned (who knows, it's still possible) Steve does a great job of keeping up with prospects, especially pre-draft prospects. If you don't already, he's worth a follow on twitter and visiting his website thedraftanalyst.com. He also had Svechnikov ranked as #1OA all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad