Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VII - Cliff Pu and other shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I wouldn't trade for Nylander along with Duchene. There is as much question as to if he can play center as there is for both Aho and Necas. He is also too expensive in my mind (both in acquisition costs and likely salary needed to sign him) and if he can't perform well enough at center, becomes another right winger...something we are busting at the gills with right now. I think if we want to trade for a center, Duchene should be the target. He likely is the most available and probably has the lowest cost in acquisition costs. Additionally, we know he can play the position to a level that there is no question about his long term future at the position. Can we resign him to a reasonable cost for us...that would be the only question I would have right now.

Funny to compare to Aho in the speculative case you needed to sign them both.

Aho 53 G, 114P, Nylander 42G, 122P after two seasons.

If Nylander was traded, is there a tier effect to it? "Where there is only one set of blade marks visible, Matthews was carrying him"?

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If I'm Don Waddell, first thing I do is I take off my cardigan because it's ****ing September.

I would then call Dubas, who my phone auto corrected to divas, today. I would like to believe we have been offering Pesce for Nylander for some time, but TML divas said no, we can sign him, piss off. At this point I would smile and offer Faulk or TVR + 2nd for Nylander. The old car salesman trick. Then maybe Kyle divas would say golly gee whittaker ixnay on that but can we do Pesce Peace for Nylander? Boom. I say you have our tuberculosis infested d man who will be lucky to play again and hang up the phone.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If I'm Don Waddell, first thing I do is I take off my cardigan because it's ****ing September.

I would then call Dubas, who my phone auto corrected to divas, today. I would like to believe we have been offering Pesce for Nylander for some time, but TML divas said no, we can sign him, piss off. At this point I would smile and offer Faulk or TVR + 2nd for Nylander. The old car salesman trick. Then maybe Kyle divas would say golly gee whittaker ixnay on that but can we do Pesce Peace for Nylander? Boom. I say you have our tuberculosis infested d man who will be lucky to play again and hang up the phone.

CAR salesman is so correct in so many ways.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Haven't seen anyone mention it--Mattheos scored a power play goal, went 16-23 on face-offs, and was first star in his first CHL regular season game. He should dominate juniors. Don't forget to mention him when discussing centers/RWs for the next 1-2 years.
Mattheos added a goal and an assist in second game. He was 16/26 on face-offs. I really like this kid.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
haven't seen much of nedeljkovic in the pro game, but how's he looked and what's
the upside for him that you guys can see?
He's not a puck handler, and each time he leaves blue ice, your pulse races. He's got some work to do to be NHL ready, IMO. He's only allowed 1 goal in each period hes played. Which compared to Darling 17-18, isn't bad. But he's not NHL ready.

Last edited:

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
CAR salesman is so correct in so many ways.

tom-dundon-full-232x300*750xx225-300-4-0.jpg

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
The goalie who has scored goals in consecutive years isn’t a puck handler?

Yeah, I think that "analysis" was based on one misplayed puck in his only preseason appearance so far this fall. On bad ice.

To me, it's almost shocking how small Ned is. Maybe it's just because Darling is a giant, but Ned looks like an 80's goalie in that even his equipment doesn't make him look big. He doesn't *look* like a solution, but he keeps stoping pucks every time he plays for the big club, and his puck-handling is fine. I'm still not sure what we really have here. I agree the AHL is the best place for him, but I'd like to see him get a few shots at the NHL level this season.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah, I think that "analysis" was based on one misplayed puck in his only preseason appearance so far this fall. On bad ice.

To me, it's almost shocking how small Ned is. Maybe it's just because Darling is a giant, but Ned looks like an 80's goalie in that even his equipment doesn't make him look big. He doesn't *look* like a solution, but he keeps stoping pucks every time he plays for the big club, and his puck-handling is fine. I'm still not sure what we really have here. I agree the AHL is the best place for him, but I'd like to see him get a few shots at the NHL level this season.

i mentioned this a while back, but it seems like there are two polar changes occurring in the league. goalies are getting taller, and skaters are getting shorter. goalies just under '6 are about as rare now as skaters under 5'9" were fifteen years ago. there's still a place for small reflex goalies if they have sound technical skills, but it's an uphill climb. the entire goaltending situation is predicated on discerning which option between mrazek and darling we're going with long term. ned will get another year in the ahl to attempt to put together something resembling level mastery before he's in the mix. .881 to .903 is a good start, but nhl quality goaltenders in the minors are usually in that .915-.920 area code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad