Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes 3 @ Panthers 2 OT - 1/3 - v 2.2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Panthers have allowed the first goal in four straight games.
Their scoring has also dried-up, 10 scoreless periods out of the last 15 (11 if you count on the 22nd vs Dallas they just scored an ENG in the 3rd.)
Yet despite all this, their record in their last five games is 2-2-1.

Shit barometer is starting to rise, I can feel it in the air.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
In the old days, which is pre-Z, we’d never score in the first period, at home at least. I know because my seats are (although relo’d for this season) at the shoot twice end, and I almost never had the pleasure of seeing first period goals. I’m worried that we’re drifting back into well-known territory...

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
In the past, this is the kind of game we could expect a dud. With a win, the Hurricanes pass us and move into 2nd. The proverbial 4 point swing. We would always lose these, even if we had been playing well previously. Is this squad different? Or are we moving back to the same old same old? We find out tonight.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
In the past, this is the kind of game we could expect a dud. With a win, the Hurricanes pass us and move into 2nd. The proverbial 4 point swing. We would always lose these, even if we had been playing well previously. Is this squad different? Or are we moving back to the same old same old? We find out tonight.
Exactly....

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Thought it was interesting going back to Judge considering Bob's last 2 outings were solid. Hopefully it doesn't kill his confidence.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Thought it was interesting going back to Judge considering Bob's last 2 outings were solid. Hopefully it doesn't kill his confidence.
Panthers don't play after thisil Thursday. If Judge didn't start, the earliest he could next start would be over a week after his last start.

I just want to see both goalies rolling hot!

Reactions: harv33173

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Panthers have allowed the first goal in four straight games.
Their scoring has also dried-up, 10 scoreless periods out of the last 15 (11 if you count on the 22nd vs Dallas they just scored an ENG in the 3rd.)
Yet despite all this, their record in their last five games is 2-2-1.

Shit barometer is starting to rise, I can feel it in the air.

You make a valid point in regard to the recent offensive woes. On the other hand. Over those last 5 games we haven’t given up more than 3 goals in regulation. The defense has kept in those games. Goal tending has been good overall. The top 4 defensemen have been pretty good. The fifth guy hasn’t hurt us. The 6th defensemen -Yandle - plays the fewest 5 on 5 minutes. So his downside is being kept to a minimum. You’re gonna have ebbs and flows with both units all season along with the PP and PK units. I don’t feel the wheels are coming off. I’m normally a half glass empty kind of guy. But for the first time in a long time I’m looking forward to the games knowing we can compete with everybody and are in a good playoff situation. Maybe I’m being Pollyannish but past results are not indicative of future returns. It’s 2021! Believe!

Reactions: harv33173

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Compressed schedule, it's cool, Bob will get Thursday and Saturday, Judge Sunday.

Driedger has been off his past couple starts, let's see a nice game from him tonight

edit: backup battle

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Need some traffic in front of the net. There have been a few chances, and Huby's pass through the front, that some traffic would have helped greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad