Hurricanes Lounge XXXIV: I've had it with these mother f***ing snakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

giphy.gif

Reactions: sabremike and Socks

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Things geezers do:

- find a t-shirt they like, then buy 10 more just like it in different colors
- have an animated discussion with their neighbor over whether backyard mosquito foggers kill honeybees
- socks and crocs
- getting done with work early, then booking it across town for the early bird steak special because you know those assholes will try to make you wait until after 5 if you're not there by 4:30
- not giving a shit what beer it is they just grabbed out of the fridge
- actively avoiding any piece of technology that's been invented/developed since after they turned 35
- actively avoiding new music artists that came along since after they turned 35
- staring open-mouthed at shower heads in Menards for 45 minutes because you overdid your pain meds that morning
- contemplate building a backyard gazebo
Sounds like I hit geezer status at age 29, right around the time I started to get into This Old House. I'll accept my Crocs at my new house, please and thank you.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Anyone seen GnR in concert recently? They good any more?
Never been a huge GnR fan but I do like several of their songs and as a guitar player it's hard not to at least respect Slash.

I'd say go for it regardless of how good they are now. If I ever get the chance there are still several geriatric rockers even older than GnR that I want to see even if it's not seeing them in their prime.

Reactions: DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Never been a huge GnR fan but I do like several of their songs and as a guitar player it's hard not to at least respect Slash.

I'd say go for it regardless of how good they are now. If I ever get the chance there are still several geriatric rockers even older than GnR that I want to see even if it's not seeing them in their prime.

yeah I’m going to tonight. Slash alone I figured was worth seeing as you don’t really lose your guitar chops, but hoping Axl’s voice is still great as well for more of a total performance

Reactions: DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
yeah I’m going to tonight. Slash alone I figured was worth seeing as you don’t really lose your guitar chops, but hoping Axl’s voice is still great as well for more of a total performance
I’m envisioning Axl looking somewhere between current day Steve Tyler snd Keith Richards....or Bill the cat. Wrapped in scarves.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Of all the things I would never have thought I would need to teach my kids and WIFE, the latter is which is 40 f***in' years old, the last would be "close the door when you leave the house."

Three days in a row one of them has gone off and left the door open while we were all gone. Hashtag gonna get robbed

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Oh so they're on tour for real? I thought this was a rhetorical question or they were doing a one night only gig.

Their website says they're coming to PNC next month. One of you should give Axl a Bunch of Jerks shirt :nod:

Reactions: skipnjump and DaveG

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Of all the things I would never have thought I would need to teach my kids and WIFE, the latter is which is 40 f***in' years old, the last would be "close the door when you leave the house."

Three days in a row one of them has gone off and left the door open while we were all gone. Hashtag gonna get robbed

Where exactly do you live? (asking for a friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad