Hurricanes Lounge XXXI: The Self Quarantined Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
"One of your Account Upgrades has expired", my alerts inbox says, as I'm bombarded with every advertisement on the internet.

Seriously everyone that's not a sponsor on this site you don't know what you're missing.
I would happily fork over the $12 if the site didn't crash EVERY single trade deadline, July 1st, and every time the leafs do anything.

But it does.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Went to Jack in the Box, ordered, went around, and waited and was ignored by the staff. Waited 5 mins watching the window person and another worker... they wouldn’t acknowledge me.

Drove off, got BoJa, and that biscuit hit the spot.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Went to Jack in the Box, ordered, went around, and waited and was ignored by the staff. Waited 5 mins watching the window person and another worker... they wouldn’t acknowledge me.

Drove off, got BoJa, and that biscuit hit the spot.

I once waited 10 minutes for a small coffee at a Burger King. No customers except me. The coffee was more water than coffee. So I stopped at a gas station near Wilmington and got hooked up with real coffee.

The Burger King in question was in Jacksonville (the one made famous by one Ryan Adams). As I learned while in J-Ville, customer service in that town sucks balls.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Just think, if 8 million things go right, we will be pre-gaming for some Canes brunch hockey in 2 weeks. Mimosas aplenty.

In the meanwhile, I am running out of NC parkway to escape on. Might have to venture into VA or WVa soon. I miss summer music shows the most. Especially since the weather hasn't been all that bad. Kills me that I can't listen live to Jason Isbell's riffs from the new album.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I always get amped when I come across a Jack in the Box, and I must eat there immediately because I see them so rarely. And I'm almost always disappointed.

There was something magical about those tacos when I was a kid, but IDK

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Their burgers are decent for fast-food quality, but if I'm getting a fast food burger I'd rather eat at Wendy's. Never had a Jack in the Box Taco, but they can't be any worse than Taco Bell, can they?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I always get amped when I come across a Jack in the Box, and I must eat there immediately because I see them so rarely. And I'm almost always disappointed.

There was something magical about those tacos when I was a kid, but IDK
This is me at the Cheesecake Factory. I desperately want to eat there, always get the same thing (basically Chicken a la King...the mixed vegetables and gravy over top of the chicken) because I have this vision of it being the exact same as the similar menu item in my college dining hall......and every. single. time. I am disappointed.
I DO go home with the largest piece of German chocolate cake tho....so it’s not a total loss.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is me at the Cheesecake Factory. I desperately want to eat there, always get the same thing (basically Chicken a la King...the mixed vegetables and gravy over top of the chicken) because I have this vision of it being the exact same as the similar menu item in my college dining hall......and every. single. time. I am disappointed.
I DO go home with the largest piece of German chocolate cake tho....so it’s not a total loss.

Lol same here. For me it’s the excitement of the variety, but I’m constantly disappointed in everything I get unless it’s the Buffalo Blasts, which is a deep fried appetizer.

The cheesecake is very consistently on point though, almost like that’s the factory for it.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Never had a Jack in the Box Taco, but they can't be any worse than Taco Bell, can they?

Believe it or not, they're far, far, far worse. Far. IDK if they used to be better when I was a kid and they got worse, or whether my memory is flawed. Either way, they're currently nasty. Think about the worse gas station microwave burrito you ever had. They're about like that.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
My mom was absolutely obsessed with Jack in the Box tacos when I was growing up. She grew up with them but we never had them anywhere we lived. Anytime we traveled somewhere that had them it was the first place we'd stop for a big bag of them no matter what time it was...

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
My mom was absolutely obsessed with Jack in the Box tacos when I was growing up. She grew up with them but we never had them anywhere we lived. Anytime we traveled somewhere that had them it was the first place we'd stop for a big bag of them no matter what time it was...

We also always had about a 100 of their antenna toppers strewn around the house because people knew how much she liked them and would send them constantly.

We even had people ship us tacos on dry ice. You know what's worse than a fresh JitB taco? A frozen JitB taco that's been reheated in the microwave or toaster oven; shredded lettuce and all....

Maybe I need to go to therapy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad