Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
tumblr_o5zvkk7XkZ1u8drs4o1_250.gifv

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
All week, I've been completely expecting this to be a dusting that doesn't cause any problems. So that means it'll probably take me 11 hours to get home today.

Reactions: DaveG

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
View attachment 323991 This one was so much worse. The afternoon ice storm that led to total gridlock.

We better hope this time next year none of our fluky weather strikes.
I saw the ice coming. Kinda know how this goes down after a lifetime here. I sent my people home and left before the sh*t hit the fan. The two managers from New Yawk gave me hell but they ended up stuck in the office overnight and 3 of their people wrecked trying to drive home; most all others stuck in their cars for hours.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
View attachment 323989
I just saw that picture for the first time today and it’s quite possibly the greatest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

actually this version with the chick walking away on her phone is.

BPPVwlU.jpg

View attachment 323991 This one was so much worse. The afternoon ice storm that led to total gridlock.

We better hope this time next year none of our fluky weather strikes.

Was this the 2000 storm that trapped our coach in his hotel room after he was traded here?

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
BPPVwlU.jpg

Was this the 2000 storm that trapped our coach in his hotel room after he was traded here?

I remember that storm. Used to live off Glenwood, west of Crabtree Mall, and remember driving home and seeing all the people stopped at the top of the hill on Glenwood (near Fairhill/Rembert), with just a single car sliding/careening down the grade at a time. Good times!

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
It's Sunday drivers here every day of the week...30 in a 35 as they cruise around in the left lane.

And, the Floridians and the half backs as well..the approaches they take to coming down the various mountain highways are interesting and maddening.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've lived in both places. I only have road rage in one of them, and it's not in Raleigh.

Seriously, I've driven enough in Raleigh to know what to expect for the most part. Here, I see new trends of stupid every day. Last week I was behind some dumbass on a winding two-lane road that is poorly lit, at night, and dumbass not only is playing with his phone, but he has no lights on. He drove like this for at least 5 miles before turning into a subdivision, no turn signal either, and one of his brake lights was out. This isn't just an isolated incident either, I'm seeing more and more people forget to turn their lights on at night around here.

Don't get me started on the idiots who think they are the second coming of Jeff Gordon.

It's Sunday drivers here every day of the week...30 in a 35 as they cruise around in the left lane.

And, the Floridians and the half backs as well..the approaches they take to coming down the various mountain highways are interesting and maddening.

I thought they were lovingly called Damn Floridians locally?

One of my college buds who is from Orlando calls them, 'Floridiots'.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I just saw a commercial for KFCs Donut Fried Chicken sandwich. I have now gained 30 pounds. Gonna go drop some weight, see ya.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I drove to charlotte for work yesterday and back to Raleigh today

485 makes me never want to complain about Raleigh ever again.

Heh, I do about 50miles round trip on 485 4 days a week. You just have to time it right, not too bad at 6:45am and 3:30pm. The

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->