Hurricanes Lounge XXX: The "Will I Stay or Will I Go?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
But why is all the maple syrup still on the shelves. What are we, monsters?!?!?
1v6vkr.jpg

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
My high school daughter has "forced" me to listen to these and other pop artists. I will say that after listening, I think pop is better than ever. Eilish has a bit of novelty to her appeal and I don't know if she has staying power. Lizzo is just terrific. I also have come to appreciate Imagine Dragons, Five Seconds of Summer, and Panic at the Disco.
Imagine Dragons headlined a music festival I went to a couple years ago and I was not a fan to say the least. these days my interest in that band consists entirely of working their name into one of the best Deez Nuts jokes of all time.

Reactions: Tryamw

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hmh. One of those media outlets of ours gushes over the Joaquin Phoenix Oscar speech.

Then they post a correction for their translation: cow's baby is a "calf", not a "foal".

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I had to have the yearly inspection for my car done by 24th. Suspecting they might fail it for one or other easily repairable minor thing, I deliberately made a point of taking it there today so I would have a little bit of time to maneuver.

The ****er goes through my car and tells me my brake pipe is leaking and immediately bans it from the road.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I had to have the yearly inspection for my car done by 24th. Suspecting they might fail it for one or other easily repairable minor thing, I deliberately made a point of taking it there today so I would have a little bit of time to maneuver.

The ****er goes through my car and tells me my brake pipe is leaking and immediately bans it from the road.

They have to make sure only the safe vehicles are on the roads over there....

giphy.gif

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
My high school daughter has "forced" me to listen to these and other pop artists. I will say that after listening, I think pop is better than ever. Eilish has a bit of novelty to her appeal and I don't know if she has staying power. Lizzo is just terrific. I also have come to appreciate Imagine Dragons, Five Seconds of Summer, and Panic at the Disco.

Billie Eilish is already damned near the biggest star in the world, and it's because she's 100% legit. And she's been eighteen for all of two months.

Put it this way: have you listened to the duet she did with Alicia Keys when she was hosting for James Corden?

My reaction, to hearing the two of them sing together: "wow, Alicia Keys is pretty good... but she's no Billie Eilish."

I just hope she doesn't pull a full Winehouse.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I was stopped by a county deputy last night for having my high beams on too long ...during a rain storm. Is this a true traffic violation? I confess to having a bit of a lead foot but I wasn't speeding just trying not to hydroplane and was a little distracted by the conditions.

He ran my license and let me go but it was so freaking weird to me.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I was stopped by a county deputy last night for having my high beams on too long ...during a rain storm. Is this a true traffic violation? I confess to having a bit of a lead foot but I wasn't speeding just trying not to hydroplane and was a little distracted by the conditions.

Never heard that one before. Sounds like that deputy was a bit bored.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

He was probably looking for someone, and you were not that someone he was looking for.

I once got pulled over because the car I owned at the time matched the description of a stolen car that was reported some 15 minutes prior. Well that and I was going 10 over in a 25 or 30. But I got off when I proved to them I was clean.

Reactions: hblueridgegal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->