Hurricanes Lounge XXX: The "Will I Stay or Will I Go?" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Irishman is so meh. Oscar nominated for Best Picture my butt.

I feel the same way about the grammys

These two songs were nominated for 'Record of the Year' with the former winning the title. Different strokes but both of these songs are played heavily at work and I thought they both sucked at first listen and now I just downright hate them with a burning passion. I can't even understand what she is mumbling in the first song.

Reactions: Bub

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I’ve...ummm...never heard of either of those two. Lol.

I am perfectly content to listen to 80s on 8, 90s on 9, and Hair Nation .... and stay in my little bubble.

Consider yourself lucky. The radio station at work plays this against my will.

That and I'm a youth volunteer at my local church and I get to listen to both during fundraisers and other events.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
But the important question is: did you have the ingredients to make French Toast? Because god help you if you don't make French Toast during a snowstorm.
How the %^&& do you make French toast w/o power cause down here in NC if it snows the world has ended and the world ending means no Power... It may come back when snow is still around but right as it falls it's the end of the world.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How the %^&& do you make French toast w/o power cause down here in NC if it snows the world has ended and the world ending means no Power... It may come back when snow is still around but right as it falls it's the end of the world.

Gas cooktop with a griddle?

Reactions: Tryamw

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Where does the French toast specifically fit in here? Just had a craving? You’re actually an IHOP cook?

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
These two songs were nominated for 'Record of the Year' with the former winning the title. Different strokes but both of these songs are played heavily at work and I thought they both sucked at first listen and now I just downright hate them with a burning passion.
My high school daughter has "forced" me to listen to these and other pop artists. I will say that after listening, I think pop is better than ever. Eilish has a bit of novelty to her appeal and I don't know if she has staying power. Lizzo is just terrific. I also have come to appreciate Imagine Dragons, Five Seconds of Summer, and Panic at the Disco.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Where does the French toast specifically fit in here? Just had a craving? You’re actually an IHOP cook?
I don't get it but yeah it's a thing on snowy morns. Milk egg and 2 drops of vanilla extract.
I recall some winter I lost power for a week and then I went to IHOP it was the best. First warm meal in days.

Last edited:

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I don't understand why people don't own a propane Coleman Stove for power outages. Heat coffee water, make eggs, sloppy joes if you have some burger in the fridge, whatever. Only costs maybe 50 bucks these days. A little single burner deal is less. Propane cylanders are maybe $4. Can make a world of difference in livability.

Tyche

Jul 9, 2019
Consider yourself lucky. The radio station at work plays this against my will.

That and I'm a youth volunteer at my local church and I get to listen to both during fundraisers and other events.

Something about those two songs playing at a church event is hilarious to me.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't understand why people don't own a propane Coleman Stove for power outages. Heat coffee water, make eggs, sloppy joes if you have some burger in the fridge, whatever. Only costs maybe 50 bucks these days. A little single burner deal is less. Propane cylanders are maybe $4. Can make a world of difference in livability.

True, but I have a gas grill on my deck that can do all those things as well. The Coleman is certainly cheaper (although I got this Weber used for $60) but I use the grill often and probably wouldn’t if I had to drag out the Coleman each time.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We have a massivest ever drug case in Finland under process in the court going on right now (it's sumbit connected to the Tampere case where Lehtera is a minor participant).

The main culprit was on the run from previous crimes in Spain, playing cat and mouse with the Finnish police for **** and giggles sending them pics and whatnot.

Apparently, the police managed to recognize the summary whereabouts from the pics. When the police went to look up the vicinity and ponder where a Finnman might be hiding himself, they saw a sausage grill on the porch of one apartment and thought that he's probably there.

In a house search conducted by the Spanish police, turns out he was.

I myself can't think no other reason.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
True, but I have a gas grill on my deck that can do all those things as well. The Coleman is certainly cheaper (although I got this Weber used for $60) but I use the grill often and probably wouldn’t if I had to drag out the Coleman each time.
Agreed that works as well but the last thing this southern boy wants to do is go outside in the dark and cold and grill (not barbeque you yankee twits). It takes me less than a minute to pull the Coleman out and screw in the cylinder. Do it in advance of hurricanes and ice storms.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I think the French toast thing has to do with how when you visit a grocery store before any kind of winter storm down here all the bread, eggs, and milk are usually gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->