OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXIV: Tarheel got tired of seeing a gross word in the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Our problem is the ants find the dog. We're actually having a lot of ant issues - they've probably shown up five or six times this summer, and they've gone for the dog food every time except once (the other time was when I didn't wipe the sugar water off the counter after making a few mojitos). Sometimes they make it to the bowl, other times we catch them while they're still working on the food she dropped on the floor. I made some ant traps with sugar, syrup, and borax; they've been taking care of the lines that show up, but apparently the queen lives on.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
yeah, we were walking pupper and he stood in an ant hill and got absolutely covered

then he threw up everywhere when he got home and his face swelled up to like three times its normal size so we were like... guess we should take him somewhere before he is dead.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
yeah, we were walking pupper and he stood in an ant hill and got absolutely covered

then he threw up everywhere when he got home and his face swelled up to like three times its normal size so we were like... guess we should take him somewhere before he is dead.

So how is he?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
So how is he?

not dead

he was fine like 20 minutes after we got him to the emergency vet and they gave him some steroids and a couple anti-histamine drugs

they did say he probably would have ended up going into shock or something if we didn't bring him there, so glad the symptoms started showing before we went to bed

he is just worn out today, understandably

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
**** roaches. Why do those mother****ers get to survive nuclear blasts.

Scientific reason; their molecular structure, or lack-thereof.

Because they have simple bodies, they don't get blasted as much with radiation. However, fruit flies are even simpler. Meanwhile those with complex organ structures get to enjoy an agonizing death due to rapid cellular degradation.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Our problem is the ants find the dog. We're actually having a lot of ant issues - they've probably shown up five or six times this summer, and they've gone for the dog food every time except once (the other time was when I didn't wipe the sugar water off the counter after making a few mojitos). Sometimes they make it to the bowl, other times we catch them while they're still working on the food she dropped on the floor. I made some ant traps with sugar, syrup, and borax; they've been taking care of the lines that show up, but apparently the queen lives on.

I'll ask my FIL what he would recommend when I get back, he owns a pest control business and has done it since he was 18.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
not dead

he was fine like 20 minutes after we got him to the emergency vet and they gave him some steroids and a couple anti-histamine drugs

they did say he probably would have ended up going into shock or something if we didn't bring him there, so glad the symptoms started showing before we went to bed

he is just worn out today, understandably

Poor pup. Glad he's ok.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
in-after-the-lock-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad