I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
10561738_10152506023380709_4475577627780238317_n.jpg

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Does anyone else notice 20 or so year old cars, usually Camrys, Civics, Accords, etc. for sale with an asking price of anywhere from $5k-$7k?

On the way to work this morning I noticed in a parking lot a rusted 1993 Honda Accord with an obvious dent in the passenger door that had a For Sale sign on the front window in front of a crack that was running down the middle. They were asking $8,000 :biglaugh:

I am in the hunt for a new car but I cannot believe some of these sellers. Do they really think someone is going to be stupid enough to pay that much for a 20 y/o non luxury car that has paint peeling off and cracked windows? I'm really tempted to either call this person and/or leave a note on the car next to the price that says "Are you ****ing serious?"

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I went through that this summer. Used car prices are outrageous this days. I think I probably ended up paying about a $1000 too much for the car I ended up buying but it's a bit rare so I bit the bullet.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
i am too

gf is a marathon runner/gym junkie

i am a former high school athlete that no longer sees the need to stay in shape given my lack of competitive sport playing

this leads to difficulties

i just love pizza

And then you get older and realize that if you don't eat healthy and stay in shape you will have many health issues, and the difficulties seem to disappear. :laugh:

My wife is a personal trainer and fitness instructor, so I know what you mean though. Kinda hard to slack off when I see how much work she puts into it. Oh, and I love Pizza too, but now make my own whole wheat crust, my own sauce, use things like Chicken, seafood, vegetables instead of sausage and pepperoni, and go light on the cheese. Yeah, it's not as good as a cheesy, greasy piece from a pizza place, but at least close enough.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Does anyone else notice 20 or so year old cars, usually Camrys, Civics, Accords, etc. for sale with an asking price of anywhere from $5k-$7k?

On the way to work this morning I noticed in a parking lot a rusted 1993 Honda Accord with an obvious dent in the passenger door that had a For Sale sign on the front window in front of a crack that was running down the middle. They were asking $8,000 :biglaugh:

I am in the hunt for a new car but I cannot believe some of these sellers. Do they really think someone is going to be stupid enough to pay that much for a 20 y/o non luxury car that has paint peeling off and cracked windows? I'm really tempted to either call this person and/or leave a note on the car next to the price that says "Are you ****ing serious?"

I have a 1997 Camry, but I don't really drive it much because I also have a 2014 Accord. I mostly keep the Camry around for bad weather and evil parking lots, but I'll sell it to you for $7,900. :sarcasm:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
i am too

gf is a marathon runner/gym junkie

i am a former high school athlete that no longer sees the need to stay in shape given my lack of competitive sport playing

this leads to difficulties

i just love pizza

I try to eat Paleo. It's hard to accomplish every day. I do use a juicer and my breakfast is all juice now.

I heavy life 3x per week and cardio every day.

I'm at 214lbs now and 26ish% BF, looking to get to 10% BF

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
its tough because i live in an apartment with very few dishes, very little fridge space, and a borderline unusable kitchen due to two random roommates i got stuck with that are literally the worst cleaners in the world

id bring it up to the ra, but one of them IS the ra so i dont really have anything to do except grin and bear it

once i get a job and a place to myself itll be better, i can cook things and have actual fridge space for leftovers and stuff

for now i stick to lean cuisines and lunch meat sandwiches and chobani and multivitamins

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
its tough because i live in an apartment with very few dishes, very little fridge space, and a borderline unusable kitchen due to two random roommates i got stuck with that are literally the worst cleaners in the world

id bring it up to the ra, but one of them IS the ra so i dont really have anything to do except grin and bear it

once i get a job and a place to myself itll be better, i can cook things and have actual fridge space for leftovers and stuff

for now i stick to lean cuisines and lunch meat sandwiches and chobani and multivitamins

I feel your pain. I had the worst roommate ever in College, never mind washing dishes, he wouldn't even soak them.

You know how they say to spray a cat with water out of a mister or w/e when they scratch your furniture to teach them to stop? I literally was going to do this with him every time he just left a plate on the counter :laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I feel your pain. I had the worst roommate ever in College, never mind washing dishes, he wouldn't even soak them.

You know how they say to spray a cat with water out of a mister or w/e when they scratch your furniture to teach them to stop? I literally was going to do this with him every time he just left a plate on the counter :laugh:

my roommates DO soak them. for days. and its ALWAYS fish.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
Speaking of college, apparently some people on the boh board can't comprehend why people like college sports.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
My first year of college, 1 roommate sucked, the other was cool.

2nd year me and cool roommate got my cousin whose a year younger than me to move in and we had a blast. We all was on the same page pretty much. Had some good party's.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Sorry to flog a dead horse, but I don't understand how people in that thread are so..... I don't even know the what the right word is.

you spend a 5th of your life at an institution, then just abandon it when you graduate?

boggles my mind

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
it would be different if college sports were already bigger up there

you make a lot more memories sitting in a student section with 100k people than you do (probably not) going to a canadian college basketball game with 40 people there

college sports trigger me more than anything else on this planet

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
it would be different if college sports were already bigger up there

you make a lot more memories sitting in a student section with 100k people than you do (probably not) going to a canadian college basketball game with 40 people there

college sports trigger me more than anything else on this planet

is that why we are such good friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad