Rumor: Hurricanes discussing trading Darling and Faulk to Blackhawks

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
There is already a thread for this. I'm not sure theScore re-posting one "The Athletic" rumor from earlier today requires a new thread.

Reactions: Unsustainable

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Not sure how reliable Scott Powers is, but this is a report/rumor - not speculation.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Whose contract goes back the other way? Anisimov? Fellow Russian for Svechnikov.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Whose contract goes back the other way? Anisimov? Fellow Russian for Svechnikov.

Darling's contract? Damn near up there with Seabrook. Who can afford an expensive back up like that while paying Crawford 6M+ ?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Darling's contract? Damn near up there with Seabrook. Who can afford an expensive back up like that while paying Crawford 6M+ ?
You're getting Justin Faulk. There's a bit of value there.

The only reason I'd see them being willing to pay a backup that kind of coin is because they're not comfortable with Crawford's ability to stay healthy.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Crawford gets dealt to the Islanders, but Isles get him for cheap because say they take on his whole cap hit from Chicago.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Am I imagining this or did I hear a rumor that Crawford might never play again?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
There’s never been anything to suggest that. By all accounts the organization expects Crawford to be starting for them come fall. They’re certainly not going to trade him unless some team offers something ridiculous, which is highly unlikely.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017

There's not really a definite answer, but vertigo is not good for anyone, especially a professional athlete who happens to play arguably the most important position in hockey.

I think they were speculating whether he could maintain a starters load rather than his entire career iirc

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
There's not really a definite answer, but vertigo is not good for anyone, especially a professional athlete who happens to play arguably the most important position in hockey.

I think they were speculating whether he could maintain a starters load rather than his entire career iirc

I have vertigo and it sucks. I get it with sinus and allergies. The worst I had it was a few years ago I was literally bedridden for 6 weeks. Everything spinning. I couldn’t imagine a professional athlete dealing with that. It comes and goes as well.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
carolina has made it known as well that salary retention is on the table. that would make darling at 50% retained around $2.1 million or so, which isn't entirely unreasonable for a backup. especially if they can help him recapture his form. highly highly doubt that darling goes without retention unless this trade sends seabrook to carolina.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I have vertigo and it sucks. I get it with sinus and allergies. The worst I had it was a few years ago I was literally bedridden for 6 weeks. Everything spinning. I couldn’t imagine a professional athlete dealing with that. It comes and goes as well.

Sorry to hear that. I didn't realize Crawford had been suffering from vertigo but that could definitely be a major issue. Jonas Hiller never seemed the same after missing time with vertigo when he was in Anaheim.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Who on earth would want Darling anymore?

He's familiar with the Hawks organization, there can be a trade of cap dump for cap dump. I think Darling could find somewhat of his form again on the Hawks. Sometimes, switching organization really takes affect for reasons we don't know.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If any team would be interested in Darling, I think it would be Chicago. His contract is bad and he flamed out as a starter last year, but he'd be an excellent backup for a team with an injury prone starter or a question mark starter.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sorry to hear that. I didn't realize Crawford had been suffering from vertigo but that could definitely be a major issue. Jonas Hiller never seemed the same after missing time with vertigo when he was in Anaheim.

It’s such an enigma. You can get it once and it can never return or you can get it sporadically. Sucks so much.

Masochist Caniac

Because at some point you learn to love the pain
Apr 28, 2009
Toronto, CAN
I can't imagine there's much validity to this, Hawks and Canes aren't very good trading partners based on needs. If Carolina is already looking for future assets for Skinner that leaves Faulk & Hanifin as the primary trading pieces to acquire a top 6 center, which Hawks don't have to spare. Anisimov is a great player but doesn't help the Canes need of a 60+ point center. Plus that would be one less asset to be used for Grubauer. I guess crazier things have happened but Chicago doesn't have NHL impact players to spare or at the very least, impact players that fit Carolina's needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad