Pre-Game Talk: Hurricanes at Capitals, ECQF Game 1

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Don't indentify yourself as a woman if you're single. The attack of the like -horde will come atcha. Well... I guess you have a selection. From hockey comminity, not some tinder that just wants to you know what. I'm not say these dudes don't want "that" thing but at least if you love hockey, you already have something incommon! Sooooooo... I guess go for it but don't blame me for it. I'll die like a old grumpy man (though I still look too young...), but not with the true style of Clint Eastwood (sidenote: man has his son have the genes and, sometimes it's not fair to the rest of us?). But be who ever you are, if you support. This really is the most kind community. "Better teams" always fight, I don't like that. I love this supportive enviorement.

May have sent a few non enters there but it's true. Can't see in any league that is this positive. NHL as for its, has been.. you rather hate someone or love someone. You are all positive. I'm a Finn as some may have realised, but it's really nice to see that there is no backstabbing evevn thing me be sour. And now, you (or even me) have done it. Go to the real games. With a young core. Can't wait. And even for the future. Since I'm not there, I really hope you support your team by going to the games. It's your choise, but... they do have put a hell of a fight and they love their fans. Either way, you are winners.

Sorry for the tl;dr. Just enjoying a team that has as few country man of mine. And the the team with this kinda positivity, is something I truely want to get behind of.

And I don't edit my errors if there are some. Too tired. You get the gist. We love our team etc., let's attack the playoffs.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It is a mythical device. Not sure if it appears in the Viking sagas or Celtic tales.
In the Viking Eddas. It was one of the gifts by Dwarven smiths to the Asgard gods.

Thor actually initially claimed the ass-buzzer as his, but was forced to change his pick to the hammer after suffering enough of the obvious taunts by the giants.

This is why the lightning has the initial electric static buzz before being covered by the sound of thunder.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
As a tennis player, I think I am insulted:huh:

Seriously, I can tell you from having visited a tennis blog exactly once, the hatred of Habs fans for Leafs fans in no greater than Nadal acolytes for Federer fanatics.

Don't be! My whole family plays and loves tennis. (Team Federer/Serena by the way and my brother and his wife are Team Nadal lol) I just meant that's the ONLY sport he keeps up with whereas my sister and I watch multiple sports. I love Tennis. Trust me, Pete Sampras was my first crush before even knew what crushes were lol.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
LOL! I am NOT up for that challenge.

I'll think of something.

ETA: Oh, great to see I'm not the only female sports fan whose thought of this lol!

Legs. You can show them in public, and if the hair gets long enough, you can augment the crowd noise by rubbing them together, like crickets.

Unless you've lasered your leg hair off, of course. Which you should totally do, btw, my wife did it years ago and never regretted it for an instant.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
This is random, but I’ve been wondering what the female version of the playoff beard would be for us of women who’d like to join in on the fun?? I’ve been cheering along my sports teams for years with this and the question suddenly hit me.

Mv5wfRL.png

I'm just gonna drop this here and run away
Mv5wfRL

Last edited:

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Don't indentify yourself as a woman if you're single. The attack of the like -horde will come atcha. Well... I guess you have a selection. From hockey comminity, not some tinder that just wants to you know what. I'm not say these dudes don't want "that" thing but at least if you love hockey, you already have something incommon! Sooooooo... I guess go for it but don't blame me for it. I'll die like a old grumpy man (though I still look too young...), but not with the true style of Clint Eastwood (sidenote: man has his son have the genes and, sometimes it's not fair to the rest of us?). But be who ever you are, if you support. This really is the most kind community. "Better teams" always fight, I don't like that. I love this supportive enviorement.

May have sent a few non enters there but it's true. Can't see in any league that is this positive. NHL as for its, has been.. you rather hate someone or love someone. You are all positive. I'm a Finn as some may have realised, but it's really nice to see that there is no backstabbing evevn thing me be sour. And now, you (or even me) have done it. Go to the real games. With a young core. Can't wait. And even for the future. Since I'm not there, I really hope you support your team by going to the games. It's your choise, but... they do have put a hell of a fight and they love their fans. Either way, you are winners.

Sorry for the tl;dr. Just enjoying a team that has as few country man of mine. And the the team with this kinda positivity, is something I truely want to get behind of.

And I don't edit my errors if there are some. Too tired. You get the gist. We love our team etc., let's attack the playoffs.
The attack of the like-horde comes for everyone, not just single women

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
We have two more days until game 1 and this read is already so far off the rails. Lmao

BeautifulThirstyAmericanratsnake-small.gif

Yeah, I remember, when I was afraid to make off-topic posts ::laughs hysterically:: Anyway, I usually HAAAAAATTTE this long of a wait to see my team play in the postseason. but I'm super grateful the boys have time to rest so I tolerate it. Plus, you guys are one of the friendliest and most fun sports communities I've found online. Glad I decided to cheer for the Canes.

On a slightly more on topic note -- ahahah--- I'm so curious to see what this first period looks like on Thursday. On the one hand, you have the Caps, who are notoriously slow starters and on the other hand, you have the Canes, who are...well, the Canes :laugh:. Add to that the days off it could be really interesting.

Obviously, the common wisdom is a series doesn't start until the home team loses one --but i'm really hoping we can steal one of the first two on the road. it would be very Caps-like for them to leave one of those games for the taking and if they do, we can't afford to let the opportunity pass by.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
Back OFF Topic (that didn't take long!)

--RE: playoff beards: In all (relative) seriousness, the playoff beard usually makes a man look manlier, even if disheveled ; so ostensibly the female version should allow those who identify as female to look somewhat traditionally feminine if they so desire (this is a lot of wordsmithing to say I support people along the entire gender/sexuality spectrum lol). so that's why i'm not exactly a fan of just growing extra hair, unless it's on my head, for the playoffs (ie. leg hair etc).

I will have to consult with my sister / other female sports fans on this one :::looks off into the sky contemplatively::

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Not to get off the topic of womanscaping.....but

Anyone know if Aho has skated since game 82? I'm hoping Rod let's him rest and am glad we have one extra day. Maybe a few light skates to keep loose.

There was a tweet somewhere along the lines of how he “couldn’t wait to get back on the ice” but it looked like it was just a light skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->