Confirmed with Link: Hurricanes Announce 20th Anniversary Celebration Plans

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Also per Canes Country the following will be in place this season:

• 20th Anniversary Team - Recognizing the players who have made the greatest impact, a panel of Hurricanes staff and broadcast media will name 12 forwards, six defensemen, and 2 goaltenders to represent the 20th Anniversary Team. Canes Season Ticket Members will have the opportunity to vote on the 12th forward and sixth defenseman selected.
  • Top 20 Moments - The panel will also select a list of the Top 20 Moments in Hurricanes history, to be revealed later this summer. Fans will have the opportunity to vote on the final rankings.
  • Canes Care - Hurricanes players and staff will volunteer in 20 Canes Care events throughout the community, supporting local non-profit organizations associated with the Kids ‘N Community Foundation and other Community Relations partners.
  • Platinum Puck Sweepstakes - 20 Canes fans will be awarded a limited-edition Platinum Puck along with other prizes including a personalized authentic Hurricanes Adidas jersey and tickets to an upcoming game. From those 20 award winners, one will become the lucky recipient of a grand prize that includes a road trip with the team and season tickets for 10 years.
  • First Timers Program - This is still in the early stages of development, but fans will have incentive to help grow the game by nominating fans who have never attended a Hurricanes game for a unique first-time hockey experience.

Reactions: sheriff bart

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Platinum Puck Sweepstakes - 20 Canes fans will be awarded a limited-edition Platinum Puck along with other prizes including a personalized authentic Hurricanes Adidas jersey and tickets to an upcoming game. From those 20 award winners, one will become the lucky recipient of a grand prize that includes a road trip with the team and season tickets for 10 years.

I hear second prize is season tickets for 20 years....

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Joking aside--this looks like a good plan and hopefully they can start looking for more ways to market the team outside of just the STH community.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
From the BOH board: "Does the 10 years of center ice season tickets include plane tickets to Quebec to see those games?" :sarcasm:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I heard they're going to tarp off everything from the 10th row up and Keith Primeau will be there to re-enact his holdout.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Well, it's only been 8 years since the last playoff run, and there have to be at least 4-5 good ones there. But yeah, since....ugh

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ah Seabass, what a time be wearing your number.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
ASG and skinner's calder will for sure be on there

brian bickell's final game also maybe becuase it is a neat feel good story you can throw in the 15-20 range

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That time Justin was fighting Stephen Weiss, then Weiss taunted him to take off his helmet, then Justin took off his helmet, threw it to the ground, then promptly knocked Weiss down with one clean punch.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean lets be honest, its probably going to be overwhelmingly slanted towards events in April-June in 2002, 2006, and 2009.

Off the top of my head, the Weekes save in OT, Gelinas OT against Tor, Miracle at Molson, Francis in OT in the Finals, Williams Cup clincher, Brindy against Buffalo, Shock at the Rock, 0.2 Seconds, Walker Game 7 OT.... You'd have to figure all those will be there, and that's 9 already. Doesn't leave much room for the other 17 years.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
if I had to guess, the first preseason game in Greensboro, the first game at the ESA, the All-Star Game, maybe the 2004 Draft.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
That time Justin was fighting Stephen Weiss, then Weiss taunted him to take off his helmet, then Justin took off his helmet, threw it to the ground, then promptly knocked Weiss down with one clean punch.

The visual is better...especially for me, since I was on "sabbatical" back then.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Faulk was a pretty good fighter and probably still is. But then he became a valuable player and now is probably not allowed to fight, so sad.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
It's not really as a team. But the Bryan Bickell shootout goal was quite the memory. One of the most memorable moments of this 8 year drought.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
That Hanifin overtime winning goal from this past season. i cant for the life of me remember who it was against, but that was a pretty cool moment.

EDIT: This one

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
That was fun, kept that run going. Skinner is such a ****ing beaut. Battling in his own end, flies the zone perfectly, nifty little move to get to the net, and still has the awareness to instantly turn and be ready for a tip or rebound.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Guesses about that all-time team, since I'm bored

Francis
Brind'amour
E. Staal
Cole
Williams
Whitney
O'Neill
Skinner
Kapanen