Hurricanes 2010 Defensemen: Info

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
What can anyone tell me about the following defensemen?

Justin Faulk (UM- Duluth/ Signed with 'Canes)
Mark Alt (UM)
Danny Biega (Harvard)
Austin Levi (Plymouth Whalers)

Thank you!!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Alt- was a great pick by the Canes. I think this kid's going to be a monster. He and Nick Bjugstad were easily the best freshmen for the Gophers this past season. Alt is still kinda raw, but he has tons of potential. A great skater for a big man, very good offensive instincts, great shot, very good in his own zone, is physical and a great hitter, is a good puckmover, and is so strong. He does dirtywork like blocking shots and clearing the crease. You can see the touted natural athletic ability right away, he makes a lot of things look effortless. As a Panthers fan, I'm very jealous of this pick but it's hard not to like him. I think he could turn out better than Faulk.

Faulk- A great offensive d-man/PPQB. He has a terrific slapshot, and it's not only a howitzer but it's accurate. That's his bread and butter. He also has great vision and passing ability. A very good skater too who also is no slouch at rushing the puck. He really is a threat in all three zones. He is great in his own end as well, I think that part of his game often gets overlooked. He isn't shy about throwing his body around either and is very gritty. A very good looking prospect, he should be an NHLer for a long time.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Biega - The guy is a physical freak. He broke strength records at the draft combine last year (grip strength and bench press reps off the top of my head). He lead all Harvard players in scoring last year and all ECAC defensemen as well, but he's not strictly an offensive defenseman. While not the biggest guy out there he loves to throw hits and is very reliable defensively. Even if his offense never translates to the pro level I think he's a relatively safe bet to be an NHL dman at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad