Lake Worth,Fl
Ah gotta love Hurricane season

EEVWGU4LC5B65KZ5UN566WXGM4.jpeg

NXEAAL7YRZG77C46NV2LFCRTFA.png

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Stay alert my fellow Floridians. Just in case this actually happens. And for godsake dont wait til the day or two before to get gas and supplies like a bunch of the idiots do downhere whenever this happens.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Last edited:
Reactions: End on a Hinote
Sep 19, 2008
Why does Miami call themselves the Hurricanes given Florida's history of hurricanes

doesn't it seem offensive

It began in controversy. Some reports say the 1927 football team held a team meeting to select Hurricanes, hoping they would sweep away opponents just as the devastating storm did on September 16, 1926. Another version holds that Miami News columnist Jack Bell asked end Porter Norris of the 1926 team what the team should be called. Told that the local dignitaries and University officials wanted to name the team for a local flora or fauna, Norris said the players wouldn’t stand for it and suggested "Hurricanes" since the opening game had been postponed by such a storm. From time to time, opposition has arisen to the name that would "reinforce Miami’s negative reputation as a weather-beaten community living constantly under the threat of destruction." But as one UM official rationalized in the 60’s, "Does anyone think Chicago is overrun by bears just because the town has a football team by that name?

Reactions: PanthersPens62

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
But as one UM official rationalized in the 60’s, "Does anyone think Chicago is overrun by bears just because the town has a football team by that name?
i can tell you from experience that Syracuse IS in fact constantly threatened by killer oranges

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad