Post-Game Talk: Hurricane bringing 25-40cm of snow, Tues. 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What in the world? He hit it with his skate and it went off the goalie. And Pageau's stick was being held so no chance of potting it in.

This league man...
I see what the rule is, but as Mickelbot mentioned, there's been tons of goals that have counted in very similar situations. First time I've seen it applied like this myself.

You can brush up here.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't need to watch Ceci's stick, because I'm not defending his actions, I'm pointing out the complete lack of anybody calling out Chabot's inexcusable penalty. Not a peep about it. Saying Ceci and Boro cost us the game, which is what I replied to, is ignoring the role Chabot played. We were still in a good position to push back in a tied game, and take back the momentum, instead, we hand it over to them by taking a lazy lazy penalty.

But hey, got to call out Ceci every chance we get, I get it, I'm just calling out somebody else that made a terrible play that helped change the momentum of the game. It's not as fashionable as calling out Ceci, sure, but it's true, he messed up big.

The fans are thirsty for blood and are hell bent of running him out of town. If we ever trade Ceci, he'll pull a Justin Schultz and become a really good defenseman.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The fans are thirsty for blood and are hell bent of running him out of town. If we ever trade Ceci, he'll pull a Justin Schultz and become a really good defenseman.

He might do that, but it's not going to happen here. Other players make mistakes, but it's nowhere to the same degree and frequency as Cody Ceci. That is not debatable. He needs to leave, unless we want to keep him as our tank commander for our quest for 1st overall next season.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Watching Max Lajoie over the past month has convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that while Ceci is by no means a great defenceman, a major part of why he looks terrible is coaching.

For weeks, every time I see Lajoie play, he's playing almost IDENTICAL to Ceci.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He might do that, but it's not going to happen here. Other players make mistakes, but it's nowhere to the same degree and frequency as Cody Ceci. That is not debatable. He needs to leave, unless we want to keep him as our tank commander for our quest for 1st overall next season.

Most can’t even identify a mistake. They see Ceci is near the puck and just point the finger at him. Guy has been blamed over and over for doing exactly what 100% of coaches would ask you to do.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I just got back from the game with my wife and kids. Yes we are crazy for going in this weather, but the kids always love it. I don't think there was 6000 in attendance. Obviously the atmosphere was the pits as there was no one here, I will give the sens staff a mulligan on the attnedence as it is the biggest snow storm of the season. It was also a blessing the city plow trucks were waiting on the Queensway for the after game traffic to build and stop it dead in its tracks only to line up 8 plows across the lanes and plow the highway open for everyone. So it was safe getting home from Kanata.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Yikes, CJ thinks the chances of this being Stone's last home game are as high as 85%.

We're so frikkin' doomed.

He isn't signing I think that much is clear

Ive been informed that the 1 year deal was a great call.

Lol stop guys, we almost had a long term signing completed in August, we just didn't put pen on paper because we were scared of arbitration, and how Stone might have to hear some meanie words.

We didn't negotiate before January, because there is a rule where Dorion isn't permitted to negotiate prior to the earliest allowed signing date, this rule doesn't exist and therefore is not enforced for other teams, but we made sure to abide anyway (shows the players how nice we are, giving them their space).

Once January 1st came and went, there was nothing to rush for, Dorion was very busy preparing very challenging and important trades (you know trading isn't easy right?) involving McCormick, Carey, Gagné, McKenna and Pyatt. These were prioritized over signing a bunch of players, obviously because we have until June 30 to sign them. We informed the media we would begin discussions in two weeks, anyway, giving us enough time to finish these important trades.

After two weeks came and went, no offers were tabled and no money was discussed, because, we all know money isn't important in pro-sports, and people would prefer to play for home town discounts, I mean, we gave Stone a chance in the first place, a lowly 6th round pick should be thankful we developed and drafted him.

We've still got lots of time anyway, we were so close to signing him in August, it won't be a problem.
It's pretty obvious to me you guys are just fear mongering, and the Toronto Sports Media is just playing to their fans by insulting our team. You fake fans don't buy enough tickets, Stone probably hasn't signed because he doesn't like playing in an empty rink, it's your fault, not the clubs.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Lol stop guys, we almost had a long term signing completed in August, we just didn't put pen on paper because we were scared of arbitration, and how Stone might have to hear some meanie words.

We didn't negotiate before January, because there is a rule where Dorion isn't permitted to negotiate prior to the earliest allowed signing date, this rule doesn't exist and therefore is not enforced for other teams, but we made sure to abide anyway (shows the players how nice we are, giving them their space).

Once January 1st came and went, there was nothing to rush for, Dorion was very busy preparing very challenging and important trades (you know trading isn't easy right?) involving McCormick, Carey, Gagné, McKenna and Pyatt. These were prioritized over signing a bunch of players, obviously because we have until June 30 to sign them. We informed the media we would begin discussions in two weeks, anyway, giving us enough time to finish these important trades.

After two weeks came and went, no offers were tabled and no money was discussed, because, we all know money isn't important in pro-sports, and people would prefer to play for home town discounts, I mean, we gave Stone a chance in the first place, a lowly 6th round pick should be thankful we developed and drafted him.

We've still got lots of time anyway, we were so close to signing him in August, it won't be a problem.
It's pretty obvious to me you guys are just fear mongering, and the Toronto Sports Media is just playing to their fans by insulting our team. You fake fans don't buy enough tickets, Stone probably hasn't signed because he doesn't like playing in an empty rink, it's your fault, not the clubs.

That last paragraph is eerily accurate and familiar.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If nothing is ever his fault and he's merely doing what the coach is asking while playing a top-4 role, what other implication would you be making? No one would argue he isn't a bottom pairing guy on a decent team.

See there’s a difference in me suggesting he gets blamed when he doesn’t deserve it and saying that nothing is ever his fault. I’ve see many suggest he isn’t even a bottom pairing guy but I’m not going to get into labelling Cody Ceci. I’m fairly comfortable with my assessment of the player and have been since his rookie year when I was telling people he wasn’t a#2D and that he had limited offensive potential.

Reactions: swiftwin

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I don't think I can watch that brainless f*** Ceci play hockey for this team anymore. What a limp-wristed piece of shit f***head. God, I'm so f***ing sick of him. His play is f***ing putrid in every area of the ice.

Reactions: pown

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I feel a little bad for Boucher and the defenseman he's had to use since taking over. He was able to get the most out of a mediocre defence group in 2017 consisting of a top 4 of Karlsson, Methot, Phanuef, Ceci in 2017. Since then aside from Karlsson last year and Chabot this year the defence have been a revolving door of fringe NHL players. Claesson, Harpur, Borowieki, Wideman, Jaros, Lajoie, Demelo, Falk. It's been brutal to watch and that is on Dorion. Absolutely terrible.

I say that with no disrespect to Jaros, Lajoie, and Demelo who have performed well for the role they've been asked play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->